Quantcast

Some rear wheel stuff

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
well im getting a new rear wheel for my P.1 cro mo. Here are some of the selections im looking at. I have a friend that gets me stuff just over basic price on BTI, so im trying to keep my selections there or other cheap ish places.

Im not smooth and dont care to much about weight.

Hubs
1. Atomlab Pimp Disc Hub 1spd 10x135mm bolt-on 36h
2. DMR Revolver Disc Hub 10x135mm QR/bolt-on 36h
3. DMR Revolver-SS 10x135mm bolt-on 36h
4. Halo DJD Disc Singlespeed Hub 10x135mm nutted 36h

Rims
1. Halo Combat 26" Disc Rim 36h
2. some sunringle rim
3. Spank rim?

thanks

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
I have the DMR Revolver laced to a Sun MTX. Its a burly wheel. The Hub is nice but not loud so if you like the loud clicky hubs look elsewhere.

The DMR is cool because it has locker? bolts. Not regular bolts, but bolts that tighten up with an allen key so the hub never wobbles on the axel. Not sure on the others.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
well im getting a new rear wheel for my P.1 cro mo. Here are some of the selections im looking at. I have a friend that gets me stuff just over basic price on BTI, so im trying to keep my selections there or other cheap ish places.

Im not smooth and dont care to much about weight.

Hubs
1. Atomlab Pimp Disc Hub 1spd 10x135mm bolt-on 36h
2. DMR Revolver Disc Hub 10x135mm QR/bolt-on 36h
3. DMR Revolver-SS 10x135mm bolt-on 36h
4. Halo DJD Disc Singlespeed Hub 10x135mm nutted 36h

Rims
1. Halo Combat 26" Disc Rim 36h
2. some sunringle rim
3. Spank rim?

thanks
i have the Atomlab Pimp Disc Hub 1spd 10x135mm bolt-on 36h.... two things: i don't really like the allenbolt skewer method of tightening down the axle, what's wrong with regular axle nuts!!? the other thing is there is a knocking sound when i crank... it could be the freewheel... it could even be my bb being overtight... haven't bothered to figure it out yet... but it could also be the bearings in the hub. not sure. sorry that doesnt help too much....

Jul 2, 2008
NJ
I just picked-up a DMR SS 14mm/135mm hub for a new build. It is a really nice, burly hub. This is the thread-on FW model, but I wouldn't hesitate toward DMR in the future.

Rims - I'd go for whichever you like and get a good deal on. I'm building on old model Suns, but these are FR not DJ wheels...

Tom P.

Last edited:

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Question about the DMR Revolver ss 10mm x 135mm hub.

I want to use a 13 tooth gear in the rear, will the Odyssey 13t freewheel work with this hub? Or are there any other options out there for a 13t on that hub?