Quantcast

Some snaps from DV practice today.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
what lens and camera you using? And if you dont mind my asking what shutter speed was that last picture? You using a flash?

SICK pictures.
I'm getting into photography, thats why I'm asking the questions.

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Thanks, I'm just learning also. Camera is a Nikon D200, all but the first were with a 10-20 Sigma at 10. The first was a Sigma 70-200. The last one was my trying to pan with on camera flash and the 10-20. I think shutter speed was 1/100.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Nice pics. My boys from Northern Lights Racing are out there. If you see them try and get a few pics of them breaking themselves off on that section.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
hmm thanks. I'm looking at getting a fish-eye. A few of thoughs shots sorta looked like fish-eyes...guess I was wrong.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
looks like a few hard bails.

great images, the bright blue sky is a great backdrop.
Yeah DV is one of the nicest courses around, course and view wise. That drop is tricky, they tried it for one day last year, then took it out. They did some more work on it this year. The main mess up is people are catching their guides on a rock and getting thrown off ever so much and going over the bars.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I thought it was a 10-20. A sigma 10-20 will be my next lens. Nice shots. You should slow down your shutter speed a bit to get the wheelspin.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
I went out on the same move. Think I may have concussed myself and broke some boxxer lowers. Wrist is ok I think, really sucked tho... maybe a little over the top this season?