Quantcast

Some Sunday Fun

zakkpw

Chimp
Sep 15, 2010
Atlanta, GA
A couple of us are headed to carters laker tomorrow, leaving from Atlanta if anyone wants to ride. Getting there between 11-12, looking for a couple of extra people to break up the shuttling, as of now we have one truck available.

zakkpw

Chimp
Sep 15, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hey Zak you got any video's of Carters lake DH trails ? Just wondering whats down there.

Here is a quick one of Chuck and Jason that I did showcasing some of the features, nothing fancy.

Having trouble getting files to upload but I saw a fair amount of footage on YouTube under "Carters Lake DH"

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
It does look like a good place to ride. I wasn't aware that there was any video's on u-tube featuring Carters lake. Kinda reminds me of Clemson, just less wood.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
It's not like Clemson. It may be similar in length? It is about 1 min. 45 sec. for a mid pack Expert race time.
It is rough and has decent elevation drop, just a couple slight small climbs that we have tried to add some flow to carry more speed into them. It has a couple good jumps and drops shown in the video the rest is single track not shown in the video...which is kind of a mix of smooth and tech. It is pretty legit for DH and FR bikes, I think the original builders called it Mini DH because it has a real DH feel but, a short course. There are two trails with the one in the video being the harder of the two. There are some gaps on that trail but, go arounds also. The other trail is a beginner trail that is super flowy and fun on any bike! The bottom of the beg. trail connects to the lower intermediate trail at the entrance of the "rock garden" and finishes after the creekgap. It is pretty easy to find the trails for people who have never ridden there and with not too much DH specific stuff in GA it is worth the 1+ hour drive from Atlanta.

Last edited: