Quantcast

Some video from Diablo

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Great video! Looks like sickness as usual! Anyone going down on the 31st? Look for a crew from Elevate Cycles out of Saratoga to be there. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
And now for some action pics from our DH.....days :)

1. Echo hitting a jump just before Waterboy
2. Mtbkngrl hitting the same jump
3. Gee-Spot hitting the same jump
4. Squid on a tall bridge right before Asylum
5. Crashby on the same bridge

J

JRB

Well done bro. That could even by fun on my XC bike it looks like. :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
loco-gringo said:
Well done bro. That could even by fun on my XC bike it looks like. :thumb:
The video does a good job of making it not look steep, and making the jumps look small. Trust me, you wouldn't want to ride an XC bike there :p

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
TreeSaw said:
Last weekend (October 16-17). It was ROCKIN' :cool:
Didn't realize so many :monkey: s were there... I was back east visiting friends and we hit Diablo Sat and Sun... my F'ing hands still hurt!!!

That place is done right!!! I really wish they could build a place like that back here... and man did I love riding rocky technical trails again!!!! I didn't realize it at the time, but apparently going down one of the steep rocky sections I let out a "Yes, ROCKS!!!"... :D

That place was sooooo much fun I can't wait to go back next year!!!

Never thought I would be jealous of people living in Jersey (especially since I lived there 5 years ago...)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Here's a Group Shot of all of us at the top of the lift.

From left to right: TreeSaw, Stuntmatty, Instigator, Crashby, Tweek, Squirrel (non-monkey), Sorge (non-monkey), Echo, Mtbkngrl, Squid & Gee-Spot.

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
TreeSaw said:
Here's a Group Shot of all of us at the top of the lift.

From left to right: TreeSaw, Stuntmatty, Instigator, Crashby, Tweek, Squirrel (non-monkey), Sorge (non-monkey), Echo, Mtbkngrl, Squid & Gee-Spot.
Gee-Spot: "How about a picture with our helmets off?"
Everyone: "NO!!!!"

:D

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Man, I love Diablo. I live about 40 minutes from there when not at school. Too bad I only got to hit it up about 4 times this summer as I was in Idaho for 3 months. So much fun.

True, that video does not do the place any justice. To clear the dominion jumps like some of those guys were, you need to be moving at a pretty good clip. The section with the two step downs one after the other, you can get big air there if you come in fast.

Diablo isn't actually that hard to ride for the most part. There are some easier runs. The place was not built to be some scary and massive; it was built for fun. There are almost no jumps with any consequences of coming up short (lotsa tables and step downs); there are not that many drops, ridiculous steeps or otherwise insane sections.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i wanna go there real bad. when does it open next year? i wish we had some cool stuff like that but none of the ski resorts want anything to do with bikes here.