Quantcast

some whistler helmet cam action

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
So we decided with how awesome the weather was going to be, a 3 day ride at the park would be required...

Friday:
After enjoying the blues and such we moved over to enjoy the freshly opened DM, some a-line action, etc. After lunch we were all about the center trails...I lost count how many times we lapped joyride/schleyer->detroit...such a great line!

Saturday:
A little tired and def crowded, after warming up, we went to play on upper whis dh for a run before lunch. That was my last run of the day....
Big thanks to Jerome for an awesome ride down the mountain. Nothing like spending 3 hours in the emergency clinic when the sun is shining and you rather be riding!

Sunday:
Lots of easy runs...my hand was killing me. Got a few runs in on the center trails but not many...I was riding super slow...still had an f'ing blast though!

I wish I cammed Friday but oh well. This is from Sunday, last run down the center trails before retiring to DM->A-line to end the day.

Right click/save as...you know the drill...

http://www.autisticpig.com/biking/sean_whistler-6-2and3-07.wmv

ENJOY!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I did that to my ring finger on my left hand a few years ago - just taped it to my middle finger and I was good to go....after popping some advil of course. My ring finger is still crooked.

Nice vid - haven't done that line in a long time.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
i tried to pop it back in, but the finger was too far out of place. You always do damage to yourself on stuff you aren't even thinking about..all I could think about was the Garbo Bike/Bean grill! :)

The best part..the clinic up there doesnt take insurance from other countries so I had to toss 900 bucks (no that's not a typo) out of pocket and now I get to fight my insurance to reimburse me...yay!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
i tried to pop it back in, but the finger was too far out of place. You always do damage to yourself on stuff you aren't even thinking about..all I could think about was the Garbo Bike/Bean grill! :)

The best part..the clinic up there doesnt take insurance from other countries so I had to toss 900 bucks (no that's not a typo) out of pocket and now I get to fight my insurance to reimburse me...yay!
900?!?!?!?! WOW! Did you have to grab both ankles too? :shocked:

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
the 900 included..

-a 3 hour visit..
-2 shots of numbing agent that were shot into the knuckle
-4 x-rays
-some medical supplies (sling, fiberglass support...etc)
-a real cranky doctor to reset my finger/joint
-the gift of not riding the rest of the day and riding slow on sunday

thankfully i just found out my insurance will cover it.. phew!

comfort girls not included :D

I had some choice words for them...if only I could have pulled harder on the finger to reset it myself... *sigh*

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
the 900 included..

-a 3 hour visit..
-2 shots of numbing agent that were shot into the knuckle
-4 x-rays
-some medical supplies (sling, fiberglass support...etc)
-a real cranky doctor to reset my finger/joint
-the gift of not riding the rest of the day and riding slow on sunday

thankfully i just found out my insurance will cover it.. phew! Good times!

comfort girls not included :D You got hosed, eh...

I had some choice words for them...if only I could have pulled harder on the finger to reset it myself... *sigh* A la Steve Peat in Earthed 4 when he otb's in Spain...that was gnar.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Nice vid, that song is rotten though! I'm looking forward to hitting the middle trails more next time up. Julie says they look fun. Impressive, but fun!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
How did that happen, anyway (Bibs' nasty wound)?
I recall that as if it happened yesterday - but it was almost 3 yrs. ago. As always, LAST RUN OF THE DAY on A Line and Cory had to reel it in mid-air as somebody ahead of him was totally laid-out. I think he had just passed me a couple corners prior to the tearage. Now that I think about it, Cory saved me alot of money (and what little ass I have) that day. Thanks, buddy!!!:D

Cool vid, Sean. Looking forward to 2 weeks from now. Braaaap!!!