Quantcast

Somebody talk me outta buying this...

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Yea toss that fork as far away as possible and get a Marzocchi
After that take her to the trails and have a good ole time !

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I guess I see the next model up with a better brake and fork for $899, not a bad deal. For $1199 you would be really good. A brake will run you around $100, and fork will get you around $400-500. I would personally look at the long range savings and get the top of the line. Your going to spend less and get a lot better bike.

I do like the color better of the cheap one, but ya gotta get past that :-)

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
It will be an ok starting point, and get you rolling right away.
Personally, I would save a little more, and start out with better components.... Maybe scoring a few items used to keep the price down.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
One thing that I noticed when sitting on Bryce's bike was that the short top tube lead to some foot clearance issues for x-ups and barspins. Plus, it seemed a little short for us tall guys. But, other than that, the thing is pretty dope.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Alright, I pulled the trigger - fork of death and all. I've already got a BB7 for the rear, and I'll just have to swap out the fork asap.

Good job talking me out of it, guys... :cheers:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
strange, i didn't notice this. the TT is longer than my STP was and i never had any clearance issues with it...
Your STP had shorter than a 21.5" TT? Plus, this has a really steep HT angle by mtb standards at 72. It definitely hit my foot when I turned the bars. It doesn't quite hit the pedals, but it hit my foot way more than just a little buzz.

But, I still think you'll like the bike, as long as x-ups and bar spins aren't your thing.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yeah my STP is slack...but then i have a 5" DJ1 on it...i can't unscrew the cap nuts on the lowers though!! or it would be 4" or maybe 3.5