Quantcast

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Or, sometimes you feel like sh*t, sometimes you don't.

Its odd how sometimes things go right and sometimes they don't, even under the exact same circumstances. I did my usual early morning ride on Wed, and it was one of the worst rides I've had all year. The previous night I had pasta for dinner and was in bed by 10. Woke up at 4 feeling good. Got on the trail by 5:30 and my legs immediately let me know they were still back home in bed. The entire ride I fought the urge to turn around and leave. My riding was sloppy and I was dabbing everywhere. I can usually judge how well I'm doing by how much my lower back hurts. during most of the ride my lower back was screaming. Once I got to work I just wanted to crawl under my desk and sleep.

Fast forward to today's ride. Once again I had pasta for dinner and was in bed by 10. I woke up at 4 feeling good, but the pain of Wed still lingered in my head. "We'll see how we do today" I thought to myself as I headed out. A friend joined me today and once again, we were on the trail at 5:30 sharp. I don't know what it was or how it happened, but today I was a rocket! I cleaned everything that I usually clean, plus a few extra trouble spots. I came inches away from cleaning the entire first climb, something I've only come close to a few time before. I felt great and so did my lower back. Right now I'm sitting at my desk feeling fresh as a daisy.

Here's a couple photos I took on Wed.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Heidi said:
Cool - yah, I saw a big buck the other day when I was riding...big horn/antler thingies.
I've seen as many as 45 elk in one ride on this particular trail, but today I didn't see any wildlife. No elk, no deer, no nothing.