Quantcast

Song of the Day (15SEP06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Boris will crush you. every last bit of you, pummeled to sub-atomic material. for some reason, if this band (two guys and a lady) were from, say, dubuque iowa, they wouldn't nearly be as effective. reverse racism, you say, because they are japanese? perhaps. there is something about their mystique and overall heaviosity which complements their eastern demeanor. three white guys just wouldn't have the same appeal.

enough about their origins, let's talk music. they can range from eerie drones to megalithic stomps, rumbling the air and earth as they cut a swath. the fact that the guitarist looks so serene, like she's raking patterns in a zen sand garden, while spilling out malefic guitar bombs all over the place seals the deal. go see 'em, but for god's sake, bring ear plugs or you will be enlisting in the next sign language class you can find.

Just Abandoned My-self

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There is video of them floating around youtube somewhere.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
A little too grating for me. I prefer a discernible melody and intelligible lyrics in my music. The guitarist is smokin though!!

Palilla

Monkey
Jul 20, 2004
You picked one of their more tame songs! They can get crazy and their guitar work is great.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Good.

And wouldn't you know they played two dates in NC that I missed.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I am currently trying to aquire some more of this Boris creature. But apparently data transfer all the way from the Land of the Rising Sun is cumbersome, at best.

:thumb:

EDIT: Seriously, who do I have to kill to get the :thumb: :stupid: and :stosh: smileys back?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Besides the sonic massage I received, the enthusiasm of the drummer at their live show was impressive.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
must have been all those bukkake movies you starred in...
'starred in' would imply that i don t do them anymore................

i invented the genre...

so you prefer women with the body of 14 year old boys*, i like vintage musical equipment... big deal :)

*major generalization... some asian women have curves - some...

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
narlus, thanks for the link. Some dude was wearing a Samhain shirt in class today, need to check that out.

The Boris drummer looks like one of my old calculus professors, the chick looks like an old friend*

so you prefer women with the body of 14 year old boys*
*change is good . . .

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
bjanga what are you trying to say ???

- change is good

- you like asian women

or

- your old friend is an asian woman with a body like....................

or all three ???...

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Like you, normally asian women give me the soft one. I made an exception for my friend who looks like the Boris guitarist though. Different, but good. Therefore change every once in a while is good :D

The resemblance is so close it is scary in a way.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Like you, normally asian women give me the soft one. I made an exception for my friend who looks like the Boris guitarist though. Different, but good. Therefore change every once in a while is good :D

The resemblance is so close it is scary in a way.
nice... gotta admit that a cute woman playing axe always looks sweet.. those orange heads and cabs in the background just increase the points... :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i d happily take that orange or-120 off her hands...
here's her complete setup:

Gibson Lespaul Custom, Gibson SG Standard,
Orange OR-120, Orange Cabinet (10"x4 Speakers)x2,
Matamp120, Orange AD15, Roland RE-150,
Roland RE-201, Roland DC-20, Mirano Echo Chamber 3R,
EH Big-Muff, Boss DS-1, Boss RV-2,
Roland Bee-Baa AF-100, MXR Dyna Comp Script,
Crybaby Wah, Matchless RV-1.

full trucker, did you end up getting any other Boris records? i highly recommend both _Akuma No Uta_ and _Boris At Last: Feedbacker_.