Quantcast

Soul Cycle Titan Build Q's

ctavel

Chimp
Aug 10, 2005
Athens and Decatur
So I've just purchased a Titan frame (my brothers ridden one for a few years now and loved it) but I am having trouble deciding on what fork to run. I'm new to the freeride arena but am coming to yall from the track crowd (i know quite the jump).

So the three I'm looking at currently are as follows

'06 Marzocchi Z.1 Sport
'06 Manitou Nixon Platinum Intrinsic
'0? RockShox Pike Race

I've found all of them for about 400 and need to know if one is better than the other or if I am even on the right track. sorry for the newbie question.

edit: all of them will be thru-axle

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
What kind or riding are you planning on doing? I have a Z1 Sport, I like it. I have not ridden many different forks though.

ctavel

Chimp
Aug 10, 2005
Athens and Decatur
I knew I should have added that-- it'll be urban and trails. Only for playing so i'm not to worried about sustained rideability on the street (not that anyone was wondering about that)

so one vote for the Z1 Sport

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Yeah, the pike could be lowered for urban/jumping if you like a lower front end . . . but I would go with the Z1 out of your choices. I have not ridden a Pike or Nixon though.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
when i had a titan... i had three different forks... first with a dj2 at 130mm that was cool for trail riding. then i got a sherman jumper, this made the angles of the frame super ****ing crazy, it was a lot of fun for street, slalom, and other stuff, but trail riding was not fun like that.
Then i got a pike, and that was the best becasue i could raise and lower the fork as i felt fit, so i would say the pike if your planning on doing street and trailriding.

boom.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I say the pike also so you can change the fork travel easily, change your goemetry to suit what you want to do

ctavel

Chimp
Aug 10, 2005
Athens and Decatur
SO its looking like the pike is the way to go. I will be riding trails so the adjustability will be nice. will the pike stand up to big drops on occasion?

thanks for the advice guys.