Quantcast

Source for 1999 Boxxer seals, etc......?

D

Dingus McGee

I am trying to rebuild a 99 '151' Boxxer to give to a teenage kid who is low on funds but high on bikes and I can't get the seals
it seems........? Isn't there an aftermarket company out there? RS/SRAM is not selling them anymore.....:( "3 YEAR RULE" or something)

Anyone know of a source? RS wanted $80 to do it at the SOC ($60 for my '02, though) and I thonght I could do better........

thanks!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Originally posted by Dingus McGee
I am trying to rebuild a 99 '151' Boxxer to give to a teenage kid who is low on funds but high on bikes and I can't get the seals
it seems........? Isn't there an aftermarket company out there? RS/SRAM is not selling them anymore.....:( "3 YEAR RULE" or something)

Anyone know of a source? RS wanted $80 to do it at the SOC ($60 for my '02, though) and I thonght I could do better........

thanks!
Quality Bicycle Parts has a ton of old Rock Shox parts.... not sure if they have those seals. Most shops have an account with them and a catalog for customers to look at.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
stanchions and lowers are essentially the same, ask for 2000, 2001 2002 2003 or 2004 seals, they'll all fit.

D

Dingus McGee

I used the current seals, but I wonder why RS charges $80 at the races for a '99 Boxxer service but $60 for '00 and newer?

Bushings or other guts different?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
just buy a seal that has these dimensions

42mm outer diameter
32mm inner diameter
7mm height

going price here is about 1,5usd each, lower in volume