Quantcast

South Tahoe DH Night Race

rockbike

Monkey
Nov 9, 2004
south lake tahoe
OK. Last year I suggested having a race on Toads. Bad idea. But you suggested a night race on Corral. Let’s do it. I am looking at a Down Hill styled race starting after dark. (Lights will be needed.)
The field will be divided into four classes. Two classes for the faster male and females (A, B). There will be two classes for the slower male and females (C, D).
Racers will be started down the trail at 30secont intervals with the faster classes starting first.
Entree fees will be $20. Half the entree fees will be divided up among the class A & B riders, and the other half will go for pizza after the race.:cheers:
I will be doing registration at the lower parking area starting at 5pm. Provide your own shuttle or peddle to the top. You must have a helmet to race.
The start will be right at the trail head and the finish will be the bridge crossing down at the power lines.

I need two volunteers to help with timing at the bottom in order to pull this off. If you can help out let me know. It would be cool if I could get a couple of people with EMT skills that could volunteer their time also.

I am looking to try and make this as fun as possible.:monkeydance:

If there are any questions or your stoked on this idea let me know.

When: Friday October 17th.
Start Time: 7:00
Where: Corral trail, South Lake Tahoe
Forest service trail on Oneidas road
Cost: $20

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
benjamin and i are both down.
will also forward to a bunch of south shorers as we've been talking about doing this for awhile.

I also volunteer to hold the post race throw down afterwards.

Do you want me to throw up a webpage where people interested can send an email and get info?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds like something I would be into. Unfortunately I can't make it. Its on the same weekend as the Weaverville race and I'm not even sure I can make that. =\

How are you guys doing timing?

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
OK. Last year I suggested having a race on Toads. Bad idea. But you suggested a night race on Corral. Let’s do it. I am looking at a Down Hill styled race starting after dark. (Lights will be needed.) If there are any questions or your stoked on this idea let me know.
Thanks for taking charge of this... I know we've talked about it a little but here's a couple suggestions.

- No classes, just Guys and Girls...
- Lower the entry fee... either $5 or $10 - or nothing at all, people just bring food and beer. Bragging rights might be prize enough.

Nick and James up in Truckee have been pretty successful the last few weeks with their grass roots super d races on the north shore and they just have everyone bring a 6 pack as entry fee and winner takes all (and shares some).
http://truckeetahoesixpack.blogspot.com/

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
hey mikey... don't think we're being critical. i'm just thinking we should do less than $20 so we can get a big posse to turn out.

i'll make some paper plate number plates if you'd like.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Nick and James up in Truckee have been pretty successful the last few weeks with their grass roots super d races on the north shore and they just have everyone bring a 6 pack as entry fee and winner takes all (and shares some).
Holy crap.

How could I have missed this?

To let everyone know how much better, faster, and more handsome you are
I mean I'm really friggin handsome.

You fvckers call me next time this happens.

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Im not in tahoe anymore, but sounds like a good time. I always though Corral would be a blast at night. Have fun all!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
kidwoo... you around this friday? ben and i are going to go up and race with the tahoesixpack and try and get all of their beer.
you should show up too. those dudes are a blast.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
How do I find out when/where the race is?
what they do is meet at the safeway parking lot up there at like 4:30 to discuss where. but they said they would arrange a way for us to come up there and not have to meet early... we'll call them tonight and see when and where this week. I'll let you know.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
what they do is meet at the safeway parking lot up there at like 4:30 to discuss where. but they said they would arrange a way for us to come up there and not have to meet early... we'll call them tonight and see when and where this week. I'll let you know.
Sounds good. I don't feel like driving to truckee to then find out about ride on the lake. :D

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I could get into the idea of a night race.

$15 is good for me.

rockbike

Monkey
Nov 9, 2004
south lake tahoe
Thanks for taking charge of this... I know we've talked about it a little but here's a couple suggestions.

- No classes, just Guys and Girls...
- Lower the entry fee... either $5 or $10 - or nothing at all, people just bring food and beer. Bragging rights might be prize enough.

I am in it for the people, hop does $5 and food sound. And if you whant to have the throw down at your pad that works for me.

I was thinking of spliting up the faster and slower riders to prevent people getting ran over or pissed when trying to pass.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Yeah. We'll throw down at our house after.

how about $5 and a 6 pack for an entry fee?
And fast and slow class will work out. So, 4 total classes? Fast girls and guys and slow girls and guys?

Once we have this all ironed out we can make little flyers and pass it on out at Corral. We&#8217;re out there most nights collecting firewood these days.

And thanks for putting this whole thing together. Really. It&#8217;ll be good fun. Now I just need to find lights for everyone who wants to ride.

----
kidwoo - I'll send you a note tonight about tomorrow super deez.

rockbike

Monkey
Nov 9, 2004
south lake tahoe
Yeah. We'll throw down at our house after.

how about $5 and a 6 pack for an entry fee?
And fast and slow class will work out. So, 4 total classes? Fast girls and guys and slow girls and guys?

Once we have this all ironed out we can make little flyers and pass it on out at Corral. .
sweet. sounds good to me.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
i may be able to get some one to help with timing. also i got an idea for trophies and the materials if you dont have something already lined up.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
here's just a warning... the word on the street is that the 2nd gate to the road will be closing the 15th. No big deal for those of us who planned on pedaling to the top, but might be annoying for anyone debating on riding a big bike.

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
rode corral as a night ride last night. fun fun fun.
cold and dark too - spooky!

Paul is gunning and will be fast out there... his new found cyclocross skills will be put to the test on Friday.

Instead of $5 I think each contestant should be required to cut a 1/2 cord of firewood before the start too.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
a true mountain man event would consist of cutting firewood, riding a lap of corral, and then catching a fish off the bridge at the bottom.

paul is really serious about being the fastest person down. could be some fun competition.

and if i can get tasa out there we'll have a speedy ladies category. hoorah.