Quantcast

southeast monkey fest in jeopardy!!!!!!!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
here is the deal, burlyshirly will probably not be able to make it. he has had some things come up which leaves me in charge. I dont mind being in charge and i want to make the southeast monkey fest a fun time. The main issue is that burly was going to be the one to front the money for the campsites. 2 group sites with composting toilets and running water for 2 nights were going to cost 178 bucks that we were going to recover from people that attended. Given my current joblessness i can not put up the money to reserve the sites. If someone would like to step up or a couple of people would like get together then it would be much appreciated. Let me know. I can either give someone the info to reserve the sites or i can take the money via paypal and reserve them myself. Please let me know ASAP because these sites go quickly.

Also with the cancellation of the Urban Sprawl competition this year the attendance will probably jump greatly.

i would also like to say to however puts the money up that i guarantee you will be reimbursed the weekend of the monkey fest.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'll go out on a limb here and guess Burley is a cool dude in person. And his posts around here are damn funny, especially when some poor sucker doesn't get his sense of humor and goes all postal on him.

I just hope he isn't stoshing on the monkeyfest because of the idiots in the Political Forum. That would be sad.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
in defense of burly, he is still going to put some money towards the campsites even though he probably is not gonna be there which i think is a nice thing to do. hopefully he will be letting me know when and how much sometime soon but his new schedule has him pretty wrapped up right now. Oh and by the way Loco the reason he might not make is cause he may be in texas.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Echo said:
I'll go out on a limb here and guess Burley is a cool dude in person. And his posts around here are damn funny, especially when some poor sucker doesn't get his sense of humor and goes all postal on him.

I just hope he isn't stoshing on the monkeyfest because of the idiots in the Political Forum. That would be sad.
you are right. burly is a cool guy. he just likes to raise a stink every once and again. i mean out of the two people most unlikely to actually get along and most at each others throat in the political forum it would be burly and myself.

J

JRB

biggins said:
Oh and by the way Loco the reason he might not make is cause he may be in texas.
He will truly be a big puss if he doesn't take me off of ignore long enough to come have a beer with me and Wumpus. A ride would be cool, but we'll take a beer if that is all he can do.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
That's cool. You have 30 monkeys show up for a weekend of riding and drinking? Fun stuff, eh? :)
our attendance looking to be more in the 50-60 people range. it should be fun we just need to get the campsites pronto.

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
That's cool. You have 30 monkeys show up for a weekend of riding and drinking? Fun stuff, eh? :)
Well, not exactly. But it's fun, none the less. :thumb:

J

JRB

biggins said:
our attendance looking to be more in the 50-60 people range. it should be fun we just need to get the campsites pronto.
I didn't know there were that many SE monkeys. :think: You sure this isn't gonna just be your drinkin buddies?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
burly and i like to tussle, but i can defintiely appreciate his humor and would love to share a post-ride brew w/ the man. or girlie-man, whichever the case may be.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah they are supposed to be 25 each but they hold waaaaaay more than that. we rented one this past fall and had about 30 people in it with no worries.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
loco said:
I didn't know there were that many SE monkeys. :think: You sure this isn't gonna just be your drinkin buddies?
well we have people feom florida, tennessee, kentucky, NC, SC, georgia, and virginia as well as some of my local riding friend that are not on here.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
booooooo! even if it falls to $hit, we are still planning on a trip to pisgah this year.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well the urban decay comp has already gone down the tube unless Ben (the other ben) has a miracle fall in his lap and i hope the same does not happen to the moneyfest as well.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
any donations will be accepted and i will keep a running tally of who donates what amount to make sure that they get their money back at the monkey fest.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
LOOnatic said:
Biggins check your PM.s
word, sent ya one back, what we could also do is have people post in this thread the amount they can donate and i will tranfer everyones nam and amount to spreadsheet so we can keep track of it. Where the hell is rob, that guy makes mad bank.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
It's probably because Uncle Sam is giving him the shaft.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Westy said:
It's probably because Uncle Sam is giving him the shaft.
thats what i am guessing. he has been kinda non descript about the whole situation really. maybe its a top secret republican thing.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
word, sent ya one back, what we could also do is have people post in this thread the amount they can donate and i will tranfer everyones nam and amount to spreadsheet so we can keep track of it. Where the hell is rob, that guy makes mad bank.

I just got back from lunch geez! I am trying to coordinate things from this end as well ya know.

I still think the idea we discussed the other day would be sweet. Contact a some what commercial LBS, Liberty\Carolina Fatz\BackCountry Outdoors\Sycamore Cycles, someone with a few $'s to spend.

Maybe contact one of the Outfitters/guide services that run from those parts to do the same?

Sell the idea to them. Tell them you will promote their name along with "SouthEast" RideMonkey gathering etc etc. Heck for the ~200 they will put up in rental fee they will probably make back by just selling tubes\gu\energy bars etc from the campsite.

Then charge everyone say $5 per night or something along those lines, heck the bike shop can even collect the money and maybe make a profit. Or you could do that and buy beer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
thats what i am guessing. he has been kinda non descript about the whole situation really. maybe its a top secret republican thing.
My guess is he is collecting fertilizer and fuel oil to exact his revenge on "the man". Wisely he is keeping it all on the low down. But if he asks you to rent a uhaul for him say NO!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I Are Baboon said:
well for mojofest last year we had several 100 plus a band, Movies, free beer, skinny dipping, road and mtb rides and STUPID BIKE TRICKS.

*I dont remember seeing gringo there but then again i dont remember seeing a lot of things.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I just got back from lunch geez! I am trying to coordinate things from this end as well ya know.

I still think the idea we discussed the other day would be sweet. Contact a some what commercial LBS, Liberty\Carolina Fatz\BackCountry Outdoors\Sycamore Cycles, someone with a few $'s to spend.

Maybe contact one of the Outfitters/guide services that run from those parts to do the same?

Sell the idea to them. Tell them you will promote their name along with "SouthEast" RideMonkey gathering etc etc. Heck for the ~200 they will put up in rental fee they will probably make back by just selling tubes\gu\energy bars etc from the campsite.

Then charge everyone say $5 per night or something along those lines, heck the bike shop can even collect the money and maybe make a profit. Or you could do that and buy beer.
just put up the damn dough sucka!!!!!! ;)

the best bet may be Sycamore Cycles since they are right there in Brevard. The other shop in brevard will hardly loan you a friggin tool to adjust your seat post. As for the shops up here, it would be a hard pitch because the people at the monkey fest will be at the shop in brevard not Asheillve.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
just put up the damn dough sucka!!!!!! ;)
If I can get a few peeps from down here to confirm I will be happy too

biggins said:
the best bet may be Sycamore Cycles since they are right there in Brevard. The other shop in brevard will hardly loan you a friggin tool to adjust your seat post. As for the shops up here, it would be a hard pitch because the people at the monkey fest will be at the shop in brevard not Asheillve.
So when you are done working call them!

I guess that means you are calling them now??

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
ben, I just sent you $40. I hope I can make it.

....as for the rest of you guys, lay off the Dr. Phil.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
loco said:
He will truly be a big puss if he doesn't take me off of ignore long enough to come have a beer with me and Wumpus. A ride would be cool, but we'll take a beer if that is all he can do.
burly can you see this if i quote it?

also word on sticking to your uhhhhhhhhh word.

we are up to 40 bucks so far, loonatic lemme know what you can do so i will know where we stand.