Quantcast

southeast photo thread

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Killing it!!!! Glad you guys had fun!!!! Wish I could of made it out, but fatherhood was calling. The wife took me shuttling yesterday to make up for it. I love wife!!!! The new bike rocks too!!!!!

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
That place is A LOT of fun. Jeff, how did you get your pictures so fast from Keenan? Stop slacking Keenan, post them all

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
hey no fair i thought kenan was our photog. ohh well i guess we can share, and nice shots by the way kenan.

ohh and for photo content here are some shots of me on kitzuma two weekends ago.

upper section

lower gap

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I love seeing people enjoying our course!!!!!!!!!!
Well, if you would have been out there Saturday, you would have thought it was Valentine's day. We ripped it all day long, and then did some work from the damage ( a hole developed going onto the wall ride so we filled it in.)
There was a ton of crashes by the end of the day. I flipped face first into a berm and got bruised from my nose to my adam's apple.:twitch:
Then did a bunch of dizzy runs. I can't wait for the race.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Well, if you would have been out there Saturday, you would have thought it was Valentine's day. We ripped it all day long, and then did some work from the damage
I got out there at like 4pm, thats what happens when you don't get home from a party till 5am.

On a side note, Ill have you all know that the wallride was completely built without the use of a tape measure.:clapping:

So-EastMatt

Chimp
Oct 24, 2003
There are some pedalling sections on the course, but they have made such good use of the terrain that by the time you reach the bottom, you can't really remember much of the pedalling because there is so much fun stuff that you're hitting from top to bottom. Even on the pedalling sections, you are carrying a lot of momentum. It's not like fontana village where if you stop pedalling, you stop moving. A short travel bike is probably best out there, but they are having a big bike class. A ton of us were riding out there this past saturday and about half of us were on small bikes, half of us were on big bikes, and every one of us were grinning all day.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
We had several rain showers earlier in the week, which provided us with a few days worth of digging. During the time we built a new hip. I've had the chance to ride it and it flows really well. Its awesome because you have to link in two exhisting hip lines to actually get the angle on the lip. Enjoy

Heres a shot from the beginning of the trails on a wet day.

The new hip line, which links back into the main line.

We also built another lip into the hip lander

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
how dare you come to Sawnnanoa and not call me...?
:poster_oops:
A crew of us came up from greensboro and spent the weekend in pisgah (sickness!). On our way home sunday we stopped by the DJs... Dang, i wish i would have thought about seeing if a few more of the locals wanted to get up.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yo nice shots mike, and mueller when you get in town give us a shout and we will have to hook up and get a good ride in. ohh and mike dave told me the story about you and your bike lock. i have to say i was quite enertained.:clapping:

LR Max

Chimp
Apr 13, 2007
Clemson, SC
I got my bike cobbled together and I've been riding it a lot. Still some fine tuning to do. To be honest, overall it rides just as good at my old GT aggressor in the cross country but with that adjustable fork, climbing, downhill and jumps are a lot better.