Quantcast

southeast photo thread

builder666

Monkey
Dec 13, 2002
Construction in Subterfuge
met some bmx kids out at the lake today, super cool kids and pretty good riders. i only got two shots that i liked though.
i think his name is "evan"

noah took a nasty digger on the hip. he started pedaling up to the roll-in, trying to get more speed and i think he went too high for the amount of leverage he puts on the bike. he's got a nice bruise on his ribs from this one :eek: oh well, this was crash# 3 of 3 out of 6 total attempts for the day, and the only one that he got hurt on.
you can hear the guy near the base of the hip saying "no way!" as he was rolling in ;)

vid:
http://freeridesouth.com/video/showVideo.php?id=1144&filename=frsvid1144.wmv
Your kid is a Savage!!!

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Cool. That's the one I was bragging on so much. Props.
Thanks brah! I'm going to talk to my boy Merritt about hanging that one in the bike shop.

Some how i forgot to mention that mosh girl was at swannanoa that same day i grabbed the shot of Merritt...

:imstupid:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
yea I was thinking the same thing!
def, means a lot more since such a distinguished photographer chose the photo:monkeydance:
Totally, I'm still pretty much geeked out over it. :twitch:

This one is of looking across the basin at snow shoe. I took it Sunday afternoon during a break in first bit of rain.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Guess I waited too late since my photos have already been edited and posted:crazy:

Anyway, here's a few more from opening weekend at Snowshoe...

Demo Dave on the booter x2

And some scenery...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
it's been a while since we've checked out the pit but we rode half of the lake trail at salem today and stopped at the pit. it's in pretty bad shape but there was this sweet little step down drop that enthralled noah for about an hour. he must have hit it 20 times! it looks pretty sweet on vid but i had to put in so much flash to compensate for the clouds and lateness of the day that all of the sand/dust particles are lit up like snow.
oh well, the shot still shows the level of size/tech for this drop compared to his size. :thumb:

when we were done for the day, after about 7 miles of riding, he told me that it was the most fun he's had in a long time on his bike because we just rode and explored for 2 hours then hit some DH and drops. he said, "dad..was that 'freeride'?" i think i cried a little tear of joy ;)

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
Holy @#&% first time I see someone landing with one wheel only and survived the landing. you're very very lucky dude, its awesome how you still on the pedals all the way down even with no rear wheel.
hey where is that drop?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Yeah, its the new drop at PeeWees

saw this pic on Da-Drop

I think it is (was?) a bottlerocket. Although it appears now that it may need some new dropouts...

that really is an incredible sequence. Does anyone have video?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Holly fock Ethan :shocked: , you got lucky. And the bike he is riding is a Bottle Rocket. 2 people have cased that b!tch, and walked away.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
The tree on the left is the only way you know where the lander is. The lander is totally blind until your at the end of the runway to launch. Was that your first go at it Ethan? Got a feeling I'll be sending it next time I'm out there with my bike. And anybody wanting to see people sending that thing and prolly some eating it pretty good should check out Pee Wees Mountain Bike Festival next week. Sat. June 16th. Freeride and Dirt Jump Comps both on Friday this year.

Mianimal, I'm soo jealous of Noah. Wish my folks would have been as cool as his.

Hyper

Chimp
Jul 31, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think that this thread needs more BMX goodness ... so here we go

Seriously though....

Our amazing trails in Athens.

Taken literally underneath Atlanta.

At the end of every day, we have a huge party to celebrate our awesome biking adventures.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
The 2nd photo from the bottom is very well composed and the contrast is spectacular. :cheers: