Quantcast

Southern Rocks Trail at Windrock

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
LOOnatic said:
Doug stop teasing everybody i say :drool:

Oh and it really looks like that fork is holding you back. Even from the comfort of my computer i can see it spiking so bad you can hardly hold on. :sneaky:
haha spiking fork

awesome.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
LOOnatic said:
Yah i know he loves to hear it :nopity:
I just love it when people who have never ridden my set up insist upon harping to me about very subjective shortcomings....
blah,blah...now go fly a kite
I totally understand and agree. It was just a funny comment since we have the same set up and as of yet I wouldn't want to get rid of my slider, spikes and all. When you comin up to break rocks with us?

Soon.
I'm in Tampa riding some stuff and coming that way for the Monkeyfest @ Pisgah.
Looking like Windrock straight from Pisgah in case that i ride Windrock 1st and get messed up(very likely ask doug he's seen me mime a bike rider) which would make me miss the Pisgah thing.
So, you or anybody up for riding the Rock the weekdays immediately following the weekend of april 23-24.
Its a wack schedule i know but i'm tring to work everything in la da da...

DH247

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
I can't wait to hit that trail again! Sooo very sick!! And if I'm lucky I'll have my own bike in working condition and can disregard my own life and my equipment and see what happens when you really open it up on there!! :D I bet it gets stupid hairy (and I don;t make it very far :P)!!! Hehehehehe..... sounds like fun!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
DH247 said:
and see what happens when you really open it up on there!!
Busted Boxxer lower and a ultra aggrevated shoulder boo-boo. Local pro Herndon jacked himself in there real good last Sunday (however is was going stupid fast on wet rocks). :dead:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
DH247 said:
I can't wait to hit that trail again! Sooo very sick!! And if I'm lucky I'll have my own bike in working condition and can disregard my own life and my equipment and see what happens when you really open it up on there!! :D I bet it gets stupid hairy (and I don;t make it very far :P)!!! Hehehehehe..... sounds like fun!!
Nice pic in MBA eh!

DH247

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
Only if I'm a good boy!!! And I defintely was not!! I think I surprised my sponsors a little by how i could drink ;). Oh well. Sooo.... Ass, grass or gas right? Well there's 2 outta three there that I like from you guys :eek:. I think you know what I want!!!!!! :redX:.

Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

da monk

Chimp
Apr 5, 2005
got back from tennessee yesterday. I had freakin awesome time. Here is a shot from the waterfall and some others:

awesome place and even better people, thanks for making it possible homies!!

da monk

Chimp
Apr 5, 2005
joey built this cool gap out to the road...it fu*ked with my mind the first couple runs cause it was like 15-20 feet out to the road to flat. Kinda scary but it landed reaaaaal nicely.

Here's a cool lil vid of the mountain x course @ bigfoot:

http://www.freeridewest.com/video/frsvid630.mpg

such an awesome place...if you guys live closer than 2k miles away it is a definate riding spot :)

more pics and good times @ www.freeridewest.com

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
DH247 said:
yeah man!! where are those trails!!! They look awesome!! How big is that gap you guys were doin??
After the "spine" section. Remember where you had to walk over the creek on two split trunks, now its a gap to flat. It's a work in progress.

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
spoke80 said:
After the "spine" section. Remember where you had to walk over the creek on two split trunks, now its a gap to flat. It's a work in progress.
oh right before the very last section?..yeah one time i jumped the little rock in front of it and almost went right into the two peices

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
:stupid: That is a bit sketchy...flying down that hill, you hit that little jump right onto the ramp..coast and hit gravel. Great fun...I LOVE the jump that launches you out over a flat part with a steep transistion into the woods...then you hit that right handed berm absolutely flying. :thumb: The trails were damn fast Sunday...and the new trails are incredible. Southern rocks...well, rocks.