Quantcast

Southridge Annual Race

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ill be there. Just something about racing at Fontana that has a certain appeal to it. Just cant get enough of those blown out, loose, sandy off camber corners with no flow.

Oh wait, maybe its the beer pre/post run that makes it so fun.

Will be missing you out here TJ, Looks like everyone will be having fun without you

For the guys that are not to into racing, Fontana really is just different than other racing. Its just a plain out good time.

MADCATZ

Chimp
Dec 7, 2001
Bringing tons of random stuff out to Fontana on Sunday to sell...don't want to bring any of it home!!

No reasonable offers refused!!

I know this isn't the "for sale" forum, but this is how I thought I'd let So Cal people know there's gonna be some stuff for sale tomorrow.

THANKS!

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I personally think that is the BEST race course I've ever seen in Fontana!
Coasted the top on my race run a little too much and then had every spoke come loose on my rear wheel right when the wall started. The back end was sliding back and fourth while I was trying to pedal! HAHAHA, it was too fun! There's now about 5in of play in the wheel. Oh well, still pulled off 16th in Pro and am sorta happy with that :~

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I have no idea what a blindside is, but I will remember 'orange' and 66.
Looks alot like this

Black Helmet, black and white jersey now

Good times to be had today, somehow I managed to wash as I left the start gate...... Friggin pssed me off. Donny was cool enought o give me a mulligan, took off, completed my run with one very bent brake lever, got stuck behind a slower rider from the saddle to the road, probably cost me a good 15 seconds of time. Fractured my left thumb, refractured the radial distal in my left wrist yet again. You would think by now I would be smart enought o not stick my effing hand out when I wash.

5150, I agree, this was by far the funnest Fontana course yet. Limited pedalling, great speed, just an overall good time

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Bummer about Leigh's flat. She egged me on to pedal while she was walking. I sat and coasted to a 6th in Vet Pro (cramps). :)
Sucks, I think thats about her 7th flat in 16yrs of racing. She would have killed it, she was riding wicked....sh1ttiest part is I did not get a pic of her race run! haha.
Go stretch and eat a banana Orvan! (cramps)

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Go stretch and eat a banana Orvan! (cramps)
Hahaha, I had 3 semi-ripe bananas. Graves disease is buggin me (muscle fatgiue and irregular heartbeat). It would have been cool to have someone jam with Maxine in the pro women. Did u snap pics of the C class? Dudes after the pro women? I was 4th rider behind ur misus.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Hahaha, I had 3 semi-ripe bananas. Graves disease is buggin me (muscle fatgiue and irregular heartbeat). It would have been cool to have someone jam with Maxine in the pro women. Did u snap pics of the C class? Dudes after the pro women? I was 4th rider behind ur misus.
nah, i got all suicidal when she came down with flat and packed it up ;)

sorry man..

she wants to make a bit of a comeback, so I will be around more shooting pics, we just need to know the schedule for next DH event.

ZzzzingZing

Chimp
Jun 19, 2007
San Diego, CA
Indeed. Intentions are to run Super D and DH. :thumb:
Intentions never quite panned out:

The fork on my hardtail decided to blow-up the morning of Super D. Bummer. Adding some additional stresses like forgetting the freshly charged camera battery at home, rolling my rear tire off the rim due to a failed bead, trying to find new tires (Thanks to Barry for the tip and Donnie for the hook-up), then working on my bike in the hotel room without proper tools...I wasn't quite sure how the weekend was going to work out.

The extra DH practice must have paid off: Despite making a gross error at the bottom of the course, I still made it to the podium (2nd) in 27-35 Sport. :thumb:

All in all, I had a great experience for my first DH race and will be out for the Winter Series.

ferrit66

Chimp
Feb 26, 2007
Long Beach
it's going to be great to have leigh around. Hopefully mellissa buhl and claire kovarik will come out to the winter series. It will be great for womens racing. Seeing Leigh in the gate last weekend was awesome! She coached me in 2002.

She is unbeleivable in her aproach to racing, she will kick some ass if she does world cups. Can't wait to see her race again.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
it's going to be great to have leigh around. Hopefully mellissa buhl and claire kovarik will come out to the winter series. It will be great for womens racing. Seeing Leigh in the gate last weekend was awesome! She coached me in 2002.

She is unbeleivable in her aproach to racing, she will kick some ass if she does world cups. Can't wait to see her race again.
It'd be nice to see YOU on a comeback as well. You always rip.