Quantcast

Southridge/oakley?

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Hey AJ, yeah I think we should hit the Oakley trail. I'll have my license on the 20th of this month so maybe we can go on that weekend. Hit me up on AIM.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
It's not hard to find, just down the street from my house. It's really not worth the trip. Very short, with poorly built trannies on the drops, and last time I checked, the doubles were way too short for a dh / freeride bike. I helped build some of the jumps on Upper Oakley, just before it was razed. I'd like to spend some time re-building Upper Oakley, and turning it into a DS course.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
ZJChaser said:
hmm..in that case if you ever want some help let us know. we can cruise out and do some work on it.

It's not worth doing until rain hits, so we'll revisit "trail maintenence" issues once we get our first rain. :D

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
at first rain we will need some help moving some dirt over in lake forest. I have some good plans drawn up already we just need some helping hands. I can assure you that lake forest will be killing it this winter! :evil:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
dirtdevil said:
at first rain we will need some help moving some dirt over in lake forest. I have some good plans drawn up already we just need some helping hands. I can assure you that lake forest will be killing it this winter! :evil:

Cool. I spent some time out there last year, fixing and building. Expect more of the same this winter.

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
yes sir, that is the place. First rain i'll be there. I would like to get a whole new section built. Part of it is done but will need some work. I want to get it to run all the way to the bottom. From top to bottom there will be about 20-25 hits, transfers and all. Bring a shovel or two and some fluids for your body. See ya' at first rain. :evil:

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
You guessed it correctly. Today is Monday and it rained all weekend. The dirt is plenty soaked. I am headed out to the L-F for some D- I -G time. Please come out and give a helping hand. I will be over there at about 2:00pm till dark. If you have a roundnose and flathead bring em' both. Lets get sh*t rollin'! See ya'. :help: :evil:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
I'm stuck at work all day so no diggy diggy today for me. Hopefully the rain will continue for another day or two so that this weekend we'll have some moist dirt to shove around.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
El Jefe said:
I'm stuck at work all day so no diggy diggy today for me. Hopefully the rain will continue for another day or two so that this weekend we'll have some moist dirt to shove around.

I hear that we will have off and on rain through Wed, and then it will rain again this weekend. :thumb: :thumb:

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
We were out at L-F- D-I-G-G-I-N-G yesterday so things are rollin'. We expect quite a few people to be showing up on the weekend. That would be such a big help. Wheelbarrels, roto-tiller(is that how you speel that?), shovels, rakes, we need em' all, if you have a hook up on any of this stuff please bring it out. Bring your body fluids and we will all see each other on the weekend! :evil:

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
PM me and i'll tell ya' where that is. In order for you to ride you must put in some digging time. Donations for some new tools would be cool to. It looks as if Saturday is going to be the day, I am guessing around 11:00-12:00. :evil:

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
More than likely we will be out on both days. Saturday we will be out early digging(10:00am). We need everyones help so please don't be scared to throw a few shovel loads! We went out again today and so far so goooooood! L-F is gonna be freakin' nuts. :evil:

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
I'm kinda afraid there wont be anything for the DJ newbs like myself to ride. I duge that run to the left with the berms and a couple easy jumps...they all going to be crazy tough? cause I'm just elarning the dirt jumping really.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Might as well name me the new sir-bails-a-lot.

New rule form mom+dad:

I'm not allowed to drive more then 3 miles from my house lol. I might be able to make it next week...

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
well my rear hub bearings have been fatally wounded so no Big Bear for me tomorrow. I'll see you at the trails again tomorrow John. I'll see if I can find a shovel somewhere