Quantcast

Special Discount on Rockgardn Body Armor Gear to GGG Racers!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
He guys, I just worked something out last minute with Rockgardn Sports where I can offer a really good discount on any items in RG's lineup! I will be at the GGG Sunday with sponsorship cards that have a special discount code that can be redeemed online at rockgardn.com. Look for me wearing a red Rockgardn tee and give me a holla' if you are looking for body armor for the '05 season but don't want to pay full pop. I only have a limited amount of deals I can give out so the more convincing you are and the sooner you find me the better a deal I can score you. If you are a competitive racer with good results be sure to tell me because we have a few super good deals available.

I am stoked to help Rockgardn get some exposure up north and also help out some of my Nor*Cal peeps at the same time. See you guys there :thumb:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I don't think I am racing but I will bring it just for others to check out. I will also bring most of the rest of the line such as the Fate carbon gloves, goggles, knee shins...

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
so you going to be there tomorrow or race day? so if I just go up to you and be all hey can i get one of those, you will give me one?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I thought tomorrow was race day, oops my bad :D

If you plan to use it and find me while I still have some I will give you one. The only thing is I only have a limited number so each one I give out I want to be sure it will be used. So please only ask if you are serious about buying something. That was how I came up with the idea, I wanted to help the guys who wanted some armor but didn't want to pay retail. I figured with a nice discount there is a good incentive. :D

I will have an adult small/medium jacket with me you can check out, it fits from about 5'8"-6'0 or so and maybe 140-170 lbs. Even if that's not your size you can see the features up close and personal.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
awsome, i really need some this year for N* since i ran all last season without any. how much is the discount going to be? and yea it sounds like the small/medium one should fit so trying it on sounds good

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
you know anything about teh flak jacket? looks like they kinda "down beefed" the 05's. have you had any time on one? breathable? discounts rule

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I had over two years on my old Flak Jacket and I have had some Santa Barbara runs down Tunnel on my new one as well as some local use so I can compare the two pretty fairly.

Although the '05 is less bulky and almost a pound lighter than the old style it is just as protective where it counts. It fits much nicer than last years model and feels less restrictive, in fact once you have it on you don't notice it at all. It breathes very well, the material wicks sweat off of your skin and then as air passes over the sweat it works like a swamp cooler to keep you comfortable. I also dig the adjustable forearm, that feature allows you to fine tune the arm length and also remove the elbow pads if you want to in case it's super hot. I have worn Dianese before and this new Flak Jacket feels VERY similar for a whole lot less. As far as the discount goes I have a few cards with a few different discount codes so talk to me and we'll see what we can work out. :)

Also the discount applies to one order up to $500 so you can buddy up with someone on one card and buy a lot of stuff to potentially save $100-$200 depending on the discount level. This feature can make the deal really nice for small teams or a privateer looking to get the full setup.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
No booth, I only pulled this together last minute, even if it's rainging and you can't see my shirt I will be riding my Enduro with bonger bright yellow deemax and carrying around some body armor so I'm sure we can find each other...

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
ight, jsut a heads if you care, more than likley im gonna be wearing a blue jacket. and you have one nice ass enduro:thumb::drool:

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
punkassean said:
yo guys I still have a few coupons left over so hit me up if you are interested. :)
Interested indeed! Do you have anything that will keep your arms in thier sockets when you go OTB? I have a tendency to get them popped out of place a little bit when I do that, in a hail of fury, at the bottom of the g-out, much to everyone's glee and amusement.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
punkassean said:
yo guys I still have a few coupons left over so hit me up if you are interested. :)
Hi there. I'm interested in one if it's ok with you. Please let me know if u would like me to send a self addressed envelope etc.

Thanks!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
El_Chimichanga said:
Interested indeed! Do you have anything that will keep your arms in thier sockets when you go OTB? I have a tendency to get them popped out of place a little bit when I do that, in a hail of fury, at the bottom of the g-out, much to everyone's glee and amusement.
Hah! You looked a little shook up when I ran into you right after that happened. I don't know exactly how much a Flak Jacket would do to help that but it might do a little since it does have front and rear shoulder straps that you can use to pull the shoulder cups in nice and tight.

I'll send you a PM....

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
still got a few left so act fast if you are interested. :)

captpolution- have you had a chance to try yours out yet? If so any impressions?

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
ya thats what i was thinking, but im small, not short but small like skinny, and the S/M is to big for my chest on the Flak Jacket, but the what im not sure about is there any differences between the Flak Jacket, and the Junior Flak Jacket, but then my problem would be that the large for the Junior Flak Jacket is that im 5'11" so that is to small too. so i guess by question is whitch one do you think i should get. ones to big and ones to small?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
So you have tried on a S/M in the '05 Jacket then? I have friends who are really tall and skinny and the S/M fits them very well. Do you know your chest measurement?

I have my S/M here in town if you want to try it on just let me know.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I still think a S/M is the size for you. Just do some push-ups and your chest will be 38" in no time! :D

Can you meet me somewhere in SC to try it on? I work downtown and you can come by my office most any time. PM me to arrange something.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
na, havent gotten to try it out yet. my bike is kinda out of commission, my X9 derailleur is cracked to **** so i dunno if i want to ride like that or wait till i get my new shimano stuff. dunno though. but i have been wearing it around the house and it feels good, those damn walls have nothing on me

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
You should try the new X•plode series of derailluers, there is a thread about them in the DH forum. ;)

Post up once you get a chance to test the gear. :)

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
hehe, i jsut read that whole xplode thread, i though it was real :think:

I really want to try a mid cage ultegra set up and see how it works. it seems like it would work sweet if i hooked it up with a rollamajig too.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i just ordered mine and i also got some of those gloves, thanks you so much for letting me try that stuff on. and you saved me from getting the oakley gloves, so with my store credit at family cycling center i got myself a new helmet (mad max 2). thanks again sean

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Nice Jim, I'm glad that worked out. Be sure to let me know what you think of everything once you get your order in. :thumb:

Everybody else, I still have a few coupons and they expire on the 15th of this month so hit me up quick if you want to get a deal.

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
awesome flak jacket, i'm capt's buddy who took the fall, sprained my wrist and neck but the shoulder pads of the flak jacket took the entire impact, no soreness or anything, my torso wasn't affected at all, now if rockgardn made neck guards :P this stuff is worth it.