Quantcast

Specialized 2011 up on website

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Wish I had waited for the 2011 Demo instead of pulling the trigger on the 2010. Sigh.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Specialized calls the color "flo yellow/black"

Is this bike green or yellow? I saw yellow pictures of it with the whole crowd saying its not production and that its going to be green, now i get the green 1 and its yellow. Anybody have a real life picture of the PRODUCTION color?

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
wish i bought a 2010 enduro carbon frame as it is black...none of the green/brown colours :( pah.....Im too old and slow to rock a bright green ride!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO

Is this bike green or yellow? I saw yellow pictures of it with the whole crowd saying its not production and that its going to be green, now i get the green 1 and its yellow. Anybody have a real life picture of the PRODUCTION color?

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD

in person the bike is highlighter yellow/with a green tint to it. that green on the website is very very misleading. its not nearly that green and much more yellowish.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Got a few snapshots of the bike from windham world cup today, it is NOT YELLOW. Neither of the pictures posted are production yellow, this is very similar to a glowstick evil with a hint of mountain dew.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Hmmm...I was under the impression that the goldish yellow and black frame in the action photo is supposed to be for Europe. But can be obtained by super-special-double-secret-probation order in the states.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Got a few snapshots of the bike from windham world cup today, it is NOT YELLOW. Neither of the pictures posted are production yellow, this is very similar to a glowstick evil with a hint of mountain dew.
Yeah they may not be common stateside I can make it more Green if you like?

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
if one were to order the frameset....who is making 83mm shell pressfit BBs? what about cranks? or is Specialized including some sort of adapter...
as with any bb30 bb shell system the frame manufacturer includes a threaded adapter that with a little green loctite presses in quite nicely. :thumb:

then voila, you have a "normal" 83mm bb.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
dayum... total sweetness. huge relief. the bike i was shown was yellow and i hated it. for that very reason we didn't put any framesets on our preorder with specialized and figured we would just order when the customers came in... if rep would have been worth his beans that beautiful beast would be on her way soon. :rant:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Not sure, my store does about 1.5 mill a year in spesh gear. Maybe my boss/the owner has pull. All the 11's we've sold so far were sub $2000.
No offense I find it hard to believe, my shop does about the same in Spec stuff. If that is the case I have to talk to him about getting a frame. Now either s or xs

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Very different bikes. The Demo is $500 less. But the Turner has warranty/repair history like no other.
I have heard DT was going to get stricter on warranty stuff because people were taking avantage of it.
Buying old DHR's and such then sending them back for warr. and he was losing money. Just rumor no solid info on that

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Very different bikes. The Demo is $500 less. But the Turner has warranty/repair history like no other.
FWIW (and i have nothing against turner) spesh has warrantied 3 frames for me, cracked demo 8 (06 in 07) Snapped headtube on a big**** spec (05 in 08)(sandblasted and painted florescent orange-no serial on it) and a demo 9 (05 in 10)

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
FWIW (and i have nothing against turner) spesh has warrantied 3 frames for me, cracked demo 8 (06 in 07) Snapped headtube on a big**** spec (05 in 08)(sandblasted and painted florescent orange-no serial on it) and a demo 9 (05 in 10)
Sounds like those Specialized frames are not strong enough for you. If you have 3 cracked frames in under 4 years I would find something else maybe?

Racelink
Canfield
Foes

Those are all strong?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
No offense I find it hard to believe, my shop does about the same in Spec stuff. If that is the case I have to talk to him about getting a frame. Now either s or xs
What is hard to believe? We've sold a bunch of 2011 hardrocks, rockhoppers, Allezs, and Dolces already? All of the sub 2k bikes have been available since the end of june.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Yes, I know I have sold plenty of the 2011 low end, Tarmac sl3 frames ect.
And I can preorder the Demo but delivery won't be for a few months. Have you actually gotten your hands on Demo frames? That what I find hard to believe.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Yes, I know I have sold plenty of the 2011 low end, Tarmac sl3 frames ect.
And I can preorder the Demo but delivery won't be for a few months. Have you actually gotten your hands on Demo frames? That what I find hard to believe.
Nope no Demos or other high end full suspensions. I have a carbon epic on preorder but expected delivery isn't till December :rant:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Sounds like those Specialized frames are not strong enough for you. If you have 3 cracked frames in under 4 years I would find something else maybe?

Racelink
Canfield
Foes

Those are all strong?
I have no grievences with them. the demo 9 broke earlier this year me riding since 2005 when i bought it.

The poor spec went from a beginer DH bike to a sandblasted slopestyle bike(didnt work).

I bought the demo 8 cracked so i could warranty it and sell the new 1 (business move)

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I have no grievences with them. the demo 9 broke earlier this year me riding since 2005 when i bought it.

The poor spec went from a beginer DH bike to a sandblasted slopestyle bike(didnt work).

I bought the demo 8 cracked so i could warranty it and sell the new 1 (business move)
Fraud is not a business move, its stealing