Quantcast

Specialized 2011 up on website

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Fraud is not a business move, its stealing
what he said.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that the '11 demo is pretty yellow. Painting a bike a different color then production is pretty normal for team bikes, especially at world cup finals.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
No it is that yellowish green color spoke with Specialized today. Unfortunately they are trying to push the red and white as their main color.
Any reason? I would think that everybody and their mother is going to jump on lime green. I know 5 lime pre-orders in my friends alone.

As for fraud, be it as it may, it was a warranty spot, the original owner must not have been on good terms with his shop so he didnt warranty it, i took advantage of it. Would it be different if i bought a jamis with a snapped headtube and warrantied it?

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
they said that the greenish and black was similar to the Sam Hill of 2010. They wanted a new color that is why the high end demo complete is the red and white. The sizes i am looking for no one has pre ordered the red and white frame. You think they would get the hint. I wanted to try and E.P. it but i would probably get stuck with the red and white. At least offer the red and black. If i can't get the geen and black then I will probably go else where.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
they said that the greenish and black was similar to the Sam Hill of 2010. They wanted a new color that is why the high end demo complete is the red and white. The sizes i am looking for no one has pre ordered the red and white frame. You think they would get the hint. I wanted to try and E.P. it but i would probably get stuck with the red and white. At least offer the red and black. If i can't get the geen and black then I will probably go else where.
am I misunderstanding this? Are you basing your choice of bike on colour?

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
This specialized warranty talk is making me sad. I broke chainstay on an '06 SX, the one that had known problems, and a replacement stay is $110. And that's from my local shop, where they usually don't f*ck me.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
This specialized warranty talk is making me sad. I broke chainstay on an '06 SX, the one that had known problems, and a replacement stay is $110. And that's from my local shop, where they usually don't f*ck me.
Sounds like a rep deal, they have been brilliant to me, when i snapped my demo 9 i sent it in without a shock or any hardware, they gave me a unopened box frameset from 2004 with a 6way swinger, seatpost, ringle rear hub, spare parts kit and a bunch more. How much volume does your shop do, although it shouldnt, money talks

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
It's not neccesary to point out riders buying for vanity. We all just need to chuckle and bait him for more comedy gold.:p
Its not baiting you jerk, stop making fun of us. Being from the west coast, where we only have kitty litter and gravel, color isn't as important, but whenever I'm on the east coast and bringing my bike, I'm always careful to bring some spray paint so that my bike can handle the gnar rocks.

Plus, if one bike with a 13.4 bb can't take the hella huge east coast gnar, then its a great idea to look at another bike with a 13.4 bb to tackle them giants. Remember, it comes down to the color of the bike. Geometry, suspension, and shock tuning have nothing to do with it.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
That sounds high. I sorted out a broken c-stay for a customer's SX $65-70 I think. It was a 1 year warranty on stays at the time. I believe 2010-present stays are covered under warranty.

In reality $110 really isn't that bad either. Whats a swingarm for an Intense or Foes going to run you?;)

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
anybody knows of shops who usually sell Demo at lowest prices for '11? or discounted '10? i might need wait to november and see what happens. What is good time to get a new frame from 2010 at discount?

are there priceguide for bike parts in US?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What is good time to get a new frame from 2010 at discount?
Right now. Specialized will put bikes on sale if they have a decent stock of them. Demos might be tough though since they were pretty popular this year. Doesn't hurt to ask though. Just go to a shop that's a dealer and get them to check on current 2010 discounts that might be around. They can do it from the dealer portion of spec's website.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
anybody knows of shops who usually sell Demo at lowest prices for '11? or discounted '10? i might need wait to november and see what happens. What is good time to get a new frame from 2010 at discount?
The only 2010 Demos either frame or complete still available are 4 small red/black framesets. Everything else was sold out months ago.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
hmm, ok what about for Spez '11? I see that msrp is 2500$, how much lower shops are shipping for the frame, starting from msrp price?

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
That sounds high. I sorted out a broken c-stay for a customer's SX $65-70 I think. It was a 1 year warranty on stays at the time. I believe 2010-present stays are covered under warranty.

In reality $110 really isn't that bad either. Whats a swingarm for an Intense or Foes going to run you?;)
Intense or foes..I was thinking Santa Cruz. Like the one your buddy sold to me with the cracked swing arm. Santa Cruz quoted me $350 for a used one. Totally worth it though, Love the bike :thumb:

$110 is quite a bit seeing how it's just the stay, not the whole rear triangle. And it's also quite a bit when they hand out warranty frames like candy at a fair. I think I should just have them warranty the thing as a complete frame. From the sound of it I could get a 2010 frame for like $40 haha

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
hmm, ok what about for Spez '11? I see that msrp is 2500$, how much lower shops are shipping for the frame, starting from msrp price?
I would venture to guess that because of the relatively low # of Demo frames they actually produce and the high demand, most (other than sponsored riders and EP deals) will sell for close to MSRP. Specialized has a very strict pricing policy so you won't find many dealers willing to risk their relationship with Spesh by selling a (current model year)frame much cheaper than advertised. Similarly, they have a very strict policy on shipping bikes/frames so you will most likely have to go through your closest dealer.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
How many full Demo 8i/8ii builds are available each year? I've always been curious about runs on these.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
It varies year to year. They go by the previous years sales then do projected sales. This year was pretty limited because of poor 09 sales influenced by the crappy economy. Most companies vastly under produced this year.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
It varies year to year. They go by the previous years sales then do projected sales. This year was pretty limited because of poor 09 sales influenced by the crappy economy. Most companies vastly under produced this year.
Are we talking hundreds or thousands?

I've been curious about the economics of these "specialty" bikes for some time.

ollyforster

Chimp
Dec 9, 2009
I would venture to guess that because of the relatively low # of Demo frames they actually produce and the high demand, most (other than sponsored riders and EP deals) will sell for close to MSRP. Specialized has a very strict pricing policy so you won't find many dealers willing to risk their relationship with Spesh by selling a (current model year)frame much cheaper than advertised. Similarly, they have a very strict policy on shipping bikes/frames so you will most likely have to go through your closest dealer.
Specialized UK are only bringing in the Demo I complete and the frame in red/ white. Pretty annoyed as I was really looking forward to getting one in the flo yellow option but theres no chance!
I'd order one from the US or Canada but that also looks doubtful too. I know its just a colour,or color as you guys spell it, but I really dislike white bikes.
Does anyone here know of a dealer over your way that would help out shipping a frame to the UK?