Quantcast

specialized p.2 cr-mo

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
my friend got a 2007 specialized p.2 cr-mo about 7 months ago on recommendation from our local bike shop but he does not really ride street or park. would he be able to put a fork with more than 100 mm of travel (he has a dj 3) and more freeride oriented tires to make it more of a trail bike?

eball

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
my friend got a 2007 specialized p.2 cr-mo about 7 months ago on recommendation from our local bike shop but he does not really ride street or park. would he be able to put a fork with more than 100 mm of travel (he has a dj 3) and more freeride oriented tires to make it more of a trail bike?

I got an 05 p2 single speed that i trail ride and free-ride with from time to time. It is not as smooth per say as my FS bike , but riding a dj hardtail will make you allot smoother and a much better rider as there is not much room for error.

You can add a fork with more travel, but 100mm is fine and you can mos-def add some knobby tires, although I ripped the trail with Holly-Rollers which are more street oriented slicks,..they got plenty of traction.

Hope this helps and all the best

:monkeydance:

micahb

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Washington
So...has your "friend" had any luck with the conversion to trail/light FR on the P-2? And why doesn't your "friend" post his own questions? Does this "friend" resemble you in any way? Just curious, not accusing you of anything.

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
yes my friend had has luck converting his bike, probably just upgrade the fork when he gets the money. he doesnt post his own questions cause he doesnt have a ridemonkey account, no he doesnt resemble me in any way