Quantcast

Specialized p1

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm new to dirt jumping and want something cheap and 24" ish. I've got my eye on a bunch of used bikes, including a specialized p1 from 2006. This is the one that came stock with 26/24" wheels. My question is, do these bikes ride like crap with dual 24"s? I don't want the combo, I can tell you that right now, but it sounds like a decent deal for 400$ brand new....

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
I've got a buddy who rides one with dual 24s and he definitely has no problem ripping on it. He's got a 26" fork with a 24" wheel in front. I've ridden it, and the bottom bracket feels a little low, but you get used to that.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
In my opinion nearly everything has better geo than a p frame.

Last edited:

97 ATX 2.0L

Chimp
Jan 15, 2007
I rode one for a few years at Ray's and my favorite setup was 24" wheels with a hookworm in the front and the original Specialized Rythm in the back, the big front tire helped even though it was heavy. I also had 165mm cranks. The head angle always felt a little slack and the geometry isnt great but it worked. $400 seems like a good price since the 2009s arent any better and are over twice that. I'd be riding mine for a few more years but I got a really good deal on an older Nemesis project frame.