Quantcast

Specialized Riders Club - weak

MarinR00

Monkey
Aug 27, 2007
Iraq
So I join the Specialized Riders Club on-line, thinking I am entering into the “MySpace” of mountain biking. Man, it will be great to meet other riders, sign up for trips, etc…

Turns out I entered into a… well… I’m not sure what I entered into, but I’m pretty sure I am one of 10 people on this thing. I do get a super-secret Specialized Club Card, a jersey and some stickers though. But all-in-all, I’m disappointed.

The Club Card doesn’t even have a secret decoder to tell me to drink more Oviltine. I was hoping for a free S-Works Epic or something....

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
That's a shame. It seemed like it had a lot of potential when we were chatting it up with the reps a few years back.

A lot of the buzz probably failed to reach the LBS level where the club should have been pitched more aggressively as a bonus incentive with the purchase of a bike. In end, a lot of customers don't know or don't care that it exists (or at least that seems to be the case in NYC).

MarinR00

Monkey
Aug 27, 2007
Iraq
It is a shame…. A search of all the mountain bike rides for my zip yields 5. 4 of which are 100+ miles away. Not interested.

I just don’t think word is out yet. Most people on here don’t even have profiles or pictures.

So much for networking! It’s a great idea, but they need to market this thing.

All the rides seem to be in Cali, which is a little far to drive from NY. And I am currently stationed in Germany, so this site is no help at all!!!

So it goes, I hope my stickers are cool!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Suckness possibly because you are in a combat zone? just a thought

MarinR00

Monkey
Aug 27, 2007
Iraq
Suckness does come to mind. So does hot.

But I mean who wouldn't pass up an opportunity to go on an all-expenses paid vacation to a sandy location for 15-months, with 12-months in between. I don’t really like America, mountain biking, my friends or family, a nice climate, freedom, food shopping, my apartment, my bed that much anyway……

Oh wait.... :huh::homer:

At least I know that I can wear my Specialized Riders Club Jersey when I go to sleep... and pretend I am biking. Thanks a lot Riders Club.......