Quantcast

Specialized SX 2004 - cable routing front derailleur

DukeNukem3d

Monkey
Oct 4, 2004
Does anyone know how that is supposed to go? For the rear mech there are mounts on the frame but for the front there is one but its isnt near the BB. I know for sure that the cable must go via the BB. I am using an e-type derailleur.

This is the SX I am talking about:

If I look at this picture I see the outer cable is still on when it meets the front derailleur, how can that be?

Thanks for the help.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Two possible options:

1) There would be a cable stop on the downtube which you will run the housing to. From there you will run bare cable down the underside of the downtube under the BB and loop it up to you derailleur. On the bottom side of the BB there should be a plastic guide with a groove cut in it for the cable to slide in.

Edit: Like this

2) Run cable and housing down the down tube, looped under the bb and end at a recess below the derailleur. Cable will feed through a small hole and up to the derailleur.

Make sure you have bought a bottom pull derailleur. Oh, and you shouldnt have needed an E-type. Was that just a personal preference?

DukeNukem3d

Monkey
Oct 4, 2004
E-type was just what I had.

Your explanation makes a lot clear tome, the only problem is I don't have the plastic guide under the BB and they cant order it for me. Do you maybe know if the cable guide is the same as other cable guides around?

Thanks!