Quantcast

specialized sx owners.

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
contemplating getting an sx frame and swapping my p bike spec over for now. curious what size fork travel people are running, bb spacing.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'm running a 32 Talas on mine so it's adjustable 100mm - 120mm- 140mm. It's a great fork but part of me wishes I had a 36. Dunno about the BB.

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
Make sure you can actually get the frame. I ordered SX Trail frame 3 months ago and was assured that it would be delivered. Bought all the parts to build it only to find out that there are no more available.

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
yea, i want the sx not trail. i work at a specialized shop so i'm sure i could try and pull strings to get an sxtrail if i wanted. i'm waiting for 09's to come out in a month. there is a good chance that the 08 frameset is already all gone for the sxtrail.

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
yea, i want the sx not trail. i work at a specialized shop so i'm sure i could try and pull strings to get an sxtrail if i wanted. i'm waiting for 09's to come out in a month. there is a good chance that the 08 frameset is already all gone for the sxtrail.
Yeah, apparently that's the case. I was told I had a frame coming, so I waited for it for 3 months. But then I was told I never had a chance of getting one. I just wish I was told no way from the start so I could order something else.
Good luck w/ your build.

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
good chance that the 08 frameset is already all gone for the sxtrail.[/QUOTE]

Good chance your wrong... I just ordered a med frameset on wednesday. they still had 9 left after I ordered mine. It should show up at the shop today I believe....

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
i work at a specialized shop and we checked specialized for the sx frame the other day and they don't have any in stock, says mid july for 09's so i'm boned for a month anyway. congrads for getting one of the last frames. apparently the 09's will be here soon.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
^^ Beauty! That's what I was looking for, and was gonna build it up with XT cranks too. Finally ended up with a brand new -08 that I got on ebay for $1000. Like the colour of the -08 but I'm having trouble finding black 165mm cranks that I like (read Shimano)..

I'm running an -05 coil Pike with steel steertube (Race?), which feels great in 95mm (with the slack sled) and really good for DH in 140mm. The steep sled didn't feel good at any fork possition. I wouldn't mind a lighter fork with aluminum steerer and air spring though.

The BB is either 68 or 73mm.

clockwork

Chimp
Jun 6, 2008
140mm on an SX? I thought this frame was made for a 160mm fork?
Obviously you don't know the Sx line very good. The Sxtrail was designed around a 160mm fork not the Sx which is the short travel slopestyle bike.

To the OP I would run a fox talas 36rc2. 160..130 or 100. Perfect for slopestyle, dirt jumping or dh. It will also make that bike a very good all around bike.