Quantcast

Specialized SX Trail weight?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So I'm asking for a Specialized SX trail II '08 from my parents (basically, they order it on my employee purchase, and I pay them back as I work...since I wont have the money for months). And my purchasing this bike is because I think it will be the best of both worlds. As in, I can race DH on it, do freeride, and do some XC/AM riding.

However, to do all thoughs things, weight is a factor. So I'm curious if anyone happens to know what the SX trail II '08 weighs in at?

I'm hoping it will weigh in around 40-42 lbs. But does anyone know for a fact?

P.S. Any weights on other SX trails (stock, or with specs) will help.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
haha, i paid 700 and drove a cadilac.

I wonder what it will be like when i move back in june rollin around in the escalade or denali?
Well I also dont have a 3.0, so I dont get the good student discount.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I know that some peeps have posted them at 37 lbs or so. It all depends on what components you rock on...Heck, if MBA can get the Demo 7 down to 35 lbs, you better be able to beat that weight with an SXT lol...

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I know that some peeps have posted them at 37 lbs or so. It all depends on what components you rock on...Heck, if MBA can get the Demo 7 down to 35 lbs, you better be able to beat that weight with an SXT lol...
I'm getting a stock SX Trail II '08...so w/e the parts on that weigh I guess.

I'm betting around 39-41 lbs now.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
little over a grand, but my insurance isnt going up.
I was already told I'm fine, since I didnt get a ticket, and it wasnt my fault.
Clearly you haven't grasped how the insurance industry operates.
Be sure to let us know when Mommy and Daddy spring for the new bike!!

(to answer your original question: my friend has his at about 36lbs without any extra light or unsafe parts for the bike's intended purpose)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Clearly you haven't grasped how the insurance industry operates.
Be sure to let us know when Mommy and Daddy spring for the new bike!!
Except I said I'm buying it.
My parents are just loaning me the money.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I'm sure how their all-out DH bike ended up with 7" travel and a single-crown fork? Sure it work, but it's not exactly the poster bike for DH.
Well, technically the D7 can get almost 8" of travel and they went with a SC for for weight savings, but yeah it wouldn't be my ideal set up either.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
then shop employees brag about it on the internet because its the only way they can feel good about making $8 an hour

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
then shop employees brag about it on the internet because its the only way they can feel good about making $8 an hour
Exactly.

When I worked in the shop I don't think any money ever made it out the door. My one buddy now gets paid in gift certificates so he doesn't get taxes taken out.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Well everyone can stop speculating-
I actually EP'd an 08 SX trail II size M

weight- 36.7lbs with our shop scale.

And it rides pretty darn well.
wow thats really impressive!
Thanks!
I'm not held back on getting one at all now...
...well except for the whole, I have no money, thing.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Ya, ill actually be ripping around Japanese gulch on it pretty soon, maybe ill see you out there.
probly not...
I only have a single speed street hardtail right now (till I sell my bighit) and I'm not allowed to ride much anymore.