Quantcast

Sportcenter and Freestyle MotoX

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Was anybody else dissapointed to have to sit through Sportcenter and all those suits basically making fun of moto cross (you could tell they thought it was a joke) just to see the finals of Moto best trick last night? In my opinion the X-Games have officially sold out (though this probably happened a few years ago) What do u think?
________
Cute_Emma cam

Last edited:

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I have never sat and watched the X-Games, I tried to watch the first one for about 10 minutes. Where do they find those asshat announcers? It was all about the money from the start, look at all the logos, and the lack of flatland. F-it, I'm gonna go ride.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Sportscenter has been my only TV staple for years now. Sadly, they seem to be following MTV's lead in overdiversifying their product so much that they lose touch with their core constituency. Too many spin-offs...too much turnover in sportscaster positions...too, too many stupid reality/gameshow gimic offerings...too little LIVE sports coverage...too much focus on "human interest" fluff just like the damned olympic coverage...too much unfunny schtick from the "please notice me" talking heads...

I mean really- timbersports? Super Retriever Series? Nick & Robin Bakay? ESPN Shorts? They are doing just like MTV and having to create ESPN2 and ESPNClassic, etc. too make room for more crap that isn't live sports coverage or genuine sports reporting. I wonder how long before they get their own home makeover show going, the derivative bazTARDS!

Just Keep It Simple, Stupid! Sports- just friggin' simple games of sport that people amuse themselves with to escape the atmosphere of normalcy that pervades their subsistence-chasing existence. Just report on them quickly and accurately with a minimum amount of bullshi+ filler and useless statistics or special effects, if you please.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
as much as i would like to be able to see mt biking on tv, i dont think its worth it for the sport to have to sell out to middle aged men and their kids with mountainbike t-shirts from Wallmart or the Gap. Every time i see a little kid in nike shoes wearing a shirt that says Gap skateboarding team or "Moto X Is Extreme" i want to throw up.
________
CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
w00dy said:
Where do they find those asshat announcers?
I don't know about the other 'sports's but the bmx and skateboard announcers are (at least one of each) riders/skaters.

Kennan Harkins (or something along those lines) was one of the first guys to do a 360 backflip on a bmx bike and Chris Miller rode pro vert on a skateboard.

as with EVERYTHING else on TV, you hear and see what the producers want you to hear. keep in mind, these shows are for the couch potatoes/arm chair quarter backs and LITTLE kids.

it's ESPN and it's EXTREEEEEMM!!!! they have to sound like fvcktards or they don't get a paycheck.

and I agree, I'd rather go ride......

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
How about every other dirtbag you see on the street rocking a FOX jersey. I used to wear their gear proudly. I feel like a dick about it now, but when I was in highschool I reamed a couple wannabe ghetto kids (I grew up in a really white suburb) out about not knowing what fox really made. They had the hats, jerseys, and gloves....riding what? Huffy's, yeah...you're XTREME!

EDIT: When I say gear, I mean pads, not clothing.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
w00dy said:
Where do they find those asshat announcers?
The Judges are probably even worse, did anyone see how Shaun White got completely screwed because the judges werent ready when he was told to start his second run? Where do you get morons like that?
________
HotSexyBody

Last edited:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
w00dy said:
How about every other dirtbag you see on the street rocking a FOX jersey. I used to wear their gear proudly. I feel like a dick about it now, but when I was in highschool I reamed a couple wannabe ghetto kids (I grew up in a really white suburb) out about not knowing what fox really made. They had the hats, jerseys, and gloves....riding what? Huffy's, yeah...you're XTREME!

EDIT: When I say gear, I mean pads, not clothing.
i used to wear fox all the time too, but now all i have is a fox hat that i got when the LBS overcharged me 20 bucks for something. Oh, and some shinpads i forgot about.

and yes, The X-games begin as a way to bring the "extreme" sports to the public, so it has always been about the money and all the crap that goes with it.:stosh: