Quantcast

Spray-in truck bed liners

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Okay Monkey barrel mind, hoping someone can edumacate me on spray-in truck bed liners. Are there different products? Brands? Good ones? Bad ones? Why do I want this, and what are the drawbacks? Reveal your secrets!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Better protection if you actually use a truck bed for truck stuff.

Not sure if a brand is better than another.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Stuff doesnt slide around as much which is cool, but it makes it hard to slide things out. Harder to clean sometimes, but doesnt wear as quickly as paint. Overall a good thing and better than a plastic bed liner. Also less clanging when its a shovel back there, kinda like a sound deadener.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Less chance of denting panels, no scratches, doesn't rub paint off like a hard liner, can be tinted to match the exact shade of your Dakine Tailgate Pad, etc etc.
Never used any of them however, the Mythbusters segment on the stuff was strangely impressive.

A friend has used this stuff a bit and has had no issues, it is expensive in Oz though.
https://www.raptorliner.com/about.html

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I’ve had good luck with linex the on 5 different work trucks.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I knew a guy years ago who had all of his bike seats done with the stuff. Grippy yet still easy enough to slide around on and even when he would wreck into pointy rocks the things stayed unscathed.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Are you planning on doing it yourself or paying someone?

If it’s the former, I’ve used Herculiner with good results. It rolls on just like paint and came out quite well. Not sure about the longevity however, didn’t get to test that out. Keep in mind though that all DIY bedliners will require multiple coats regardless of if you spray it on or roll it on. Prep can be very time consuming and tough to ensure the area is clean and free from contaminants.

In my current truck I have Line-X. Took them about 4 hours to prep and spray my 8’ bed. Upside is it comes with a lifetime warranty, can be spot repaired, is tough as nails, and had the option of a UV protectant (most bedliners are not UV resistant and will fade/crack without the additional protection).

It’s a lot of money to spend (~$700 for my truck), but I’d do it again.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Pay someone to do it. Trust me, not worth the hassle. I’ve got Rhino Liner on my dentist truck and works great. Best way to clean is lightly wet bed and spray Simple Green. Let sit, do not let dry, then hose off. Easy