Quantcast

spring cleaning

chaloots

Chimp
Mar 16, 2004
dirty jerz via Bklyn
rainy w/e in the nyc area figured it was a good time to get over to the spot and start getting things together, warm weather is right around the corner.

there was a bit of raking to do.

was pleastantly surprised to see don had started shaping things up already

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
yikes! Things still need a bunch more work but the warmer weather and some precip should help.

Freakin' mom nature really did a number on our stuff this winter. The set in the last 2 pics I had those lips and landing all smoothed and smeared last December - now they look like the monster in the FUEL TV commercial.

On the plus side:

- Charloots got a ton of raking done even tho they were wicked heavy from the rain.
- bushes and trees were starting to bud even the half dozen or so I transplanted last fall. The pacasandra and sea grass are looking good to go.
- I got one set all packed and ready this week and we got one more set 75% done today

That spot totally transforms when the green comes on. I'll be real stoked to show some more pics in a month or so when things are looking better.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
That dirt looks awesome, the winter really ****ed over jumps this year. Everything I had packed down is now all messy and crap. If you guys ever need help I'd love to lend a hand.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
That dirt looks awesome, the winter really ****ed over jumps this year. Everything I had packed down is now all messy and crap. If you guys ever need help I'd love to lend a hand.
Yeah, I think NJ got it real bad - just the location of the storms and the temps where always going in and out of the 20's and 30's. Further north just stayed frozen. Sounds like you are in Jersey - what part?

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Yeah, I think NJ got it real bad - just the location of the storms and the temps where always going in and out of the 20's and 30's. Further north just stayed frozen. Sounds like you are in Jersey - what part?
I'm actually from CT but most of my family is in NJ. I'm in the land of Polo's and country clubs.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I'm actually from CT but most of my family is in NJ. I'm in the land of Polo's and country clubs.
Yeah, just give a holler next time you are down in the mid NJ area. If things are running you more than welcome to come and get some runs in.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
It's getting there. Charloots got a bunch of packing/shaping on those warm up berms and rollers. We've been getting rain so hopefully we can keep the pace going and be ridding some stuff when it gets dry.