Quantcast

Spring Cleanup day in the shed!

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
Everyone who rides in the shed- this is your chance to give back! Ckeck out info at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Savetheshed/.
We'll have fun, clean up some flip flops and used pon tapes, and then ride and barb-Q after!

If you would like to participate, you will need to pre-register at http://www.thebigsweep.org with the Frederick Freeriders. We need to have everyone signed up by April 2nd. Please feel free to PM me with any questions!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
onetime said:
Everyone who rides in the shed- this is your chance to give back! Ckeck out info at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Savetheshed/.
We'll have fun, clean up some flip flops and used pon tapes, and then ride and barb-Q after!

Cool. Last year's clean-up day was my first introduction to the shed and pretty much my first DH experience and introduction to a bunch of really cool people I never would have met otherwise. I've already marked my calendar for this year!

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I'm in, but only if someone helps me unload the dead hooker from my trunk and make sure she gets into a proper dumpster or wherever we're putting the trash we collect.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I will most likely be in. Depending on what that weekend looks like because the weekend following that is my prom!

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
Anyway, back to the original idea to this thread, I'll be there representing the trueschool soul of this shed riding thang. You know you can count on me for serious labor and serious over the top inappropriate behavior!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
willpowa said:
Anyway, back to the original idea to this thread, I'll be there representing the trueschool soul of this shed riding thang. You know you can count on me for serious labor and serious over the top inappropriate behavior!
make that two wills.

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
Hill I'll be there! It sure is nice to see that at least 6 of the mid-atlantic riders who ride in the shed are willing to helpout that day!

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
Matt H said:
There is a very good chance that I can't make it to this....

Is there any way to give a cash donation in our name?
Thanks for asking! Each participant is required to raise $35 a piece, so you could help another participant meet this goal by donating some money through them. The money will go to help fund the clean-up and to Volunteer frederick and whichever non-profit on their list we choose.

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
Thanks for all the response! This should be fun. To sign up please go to http://www.thebigsweep.org . We are registered as the Frederick Freeriders so write it in the line where it askes which non-profit you are with. We are not a non-profit so we will have to choose one from their list to donate to. Then E-mail me through the savetheshed yahoo group so that I will know who has signed up. We are signed up to clean-up Fishing creek road. I will keep you posted on further details through the yahoo group. Thanks!

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
onetime said:
Thanks for asking! Each participant is required to raise $35 a piece, so you could help another participant meet this goal by donating some money through them. The money will go to help fund the clean-up and to Volunteer frederick and whichever non-profit on their list we choose.
Cool...unfortunately this is the only way I can help out as I will be out of town that weekend.

Someone that is going, please PM me and we can make arrangements from there.

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
Clean-up Postponed!!!!!
I was up on fishing creek rd, and there really isn't any trash to speak of. More importantly though, no one has signed up yet. I acctually have another event I could be attending that day. So given these three factors, we might as well just put it off for a while.
Thanks any way, and I'll see you on the trails!