Quantcast

Spring Mountain

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
I am heading to my bro's house this weekend. He lives less than a half mile from Spring Mt. Does anyone know if the trails are still rideable there?

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Phil, go on Hcor and ask those cats, the NOVA guys prolly have never even herd of it.
Later Eric
P.S. I'm gonna try to hit up the BMX track thursday night, see ya there.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I did a race up there once...got misdirected to the mountain by a local who kept saying "yeppers"...showed up too late to practice...fell off the lift...broke my helmet after mistakenly turning onto the expert line in my race run...got 2nd to last again and realized that I actually suck at riding a bike. I did have a fun time, though, and nobody seemed too concerned about my excessive herbalization.

Haven't been back since, but the wooden trail structures seemed well-built. Are the open for regular non-race lift DHing?

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
They are public land, so they are always open for riding (pretty much). Yeah, the races there were gnarly and fun. I usually found that the expert lines saved time over the beginner and sport lines. Anywho, I am still wondering if the trails are in decent condition. I guess that I'll find out Saturday.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
llkookeg, they don't run a lift anymore, I think the dude who used to run it bolted to the west coast or somethin, he was an odd sort , he envented 25 inch MTB wheels and thought they were the next big thing, it all made sense when he explained it all to me , but I cant remember now what the benefit to them was. anyway no lift, but if you wanna climb or push it is public land, for a small hill that place sure was alot of fun.

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
Last I heard, Jay was still running Mt. Perk Cyclery
www.mtperk.com
For whatever reason, it just did not work out. I believe that between the politics of using the ski area and the cost of running the lifts coupled with all of the work that it took, it was too much.

E.C. and I just got off of the phone together, but we post conflicting reports here a few minutes later.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Phil, the thing about him moving was addmittedly hearsay, ya know ,what I thought I heard you say, someone told me that once, thought it was you, oh well it is obvious that I am as dumb as YOU look. ;) .But you can ride there and the lift doesn't run and that dude Jay did have 25 inch wheels , right? or was it all a dream .
I'm sure I will find out sunday how it went, have fun, I hope it is all in good shape. and not grown over.
And odd was a bad choice of words, dude was cool, just very enthusiastic about an odd set of wheels.but like I said it sounded like a good idea at the time.

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
It was all correct. I don't know if he moved though. The Mt. Perk site now says John S. I don't know if that is his brother or his given name? Whatever. In any case, nobody is as dumb as I look.

Yeah, the 25 thing was odd. Since I run 24's and dream of 26's, I can understand it very well. :p It seems like a lot of trouble to go to though.

BTW. Say hi to your friends for me.

Attachments