Quantcast

Spring North East Monkey gathering.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MMcG said:
My CT post was just a suggestion - nothing more, nothing less. Just thought CT would be fairly central for Monkeys from NY, MA, RI, and even VT, and obviously the CT Monkey contingent could or would be in full force.

MMcG
And what about Quebec Monkeys??? :mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i drove 84 from brewster, NY into MA today, and there looked like some kickass terrain around a lot of it. there's gotta be some great trails somewhere, eh? i could do a 2+ hr drive to get to the goods.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
The Quebec trip is mandatory for a class.

1st weekend in May

Ft Rock, Bear Brook, Fox State are my candidates

If it's Fox State there is plenty of areas to camp at and is only a short drive to the Hospital trails in Concord which is a really fun and really technical trail.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Rip said:
The Quebec trip is mandatory for a class.

1st weekend in May

Ft Rock, Bear Brook, Fox State are my candidates

If it's Fox State there is plenty of areas to camp at and is only a short drive to the Hospital trails in Concord which is a really fun and really technical trail.

Bear Brook has great camping and riding as well.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Haven't ridden Bear Brook in quite awhile, that sounds like a plan.

Ok, bear brook on the 1st Weekend of May. Still an easy drive to get to the Hospital Trails.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Rip said:
Haven't ridden Bear Brook in quite awhile, that sounds like a plan.

Ok, bear brook on the 1st Weekend of May. Still an easy drive to get to the Hospital Trails.
Bear brook is ok, but it aint no Case Mountain!

What about Nam?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
We could always plan something different. :sneaky: :devil:
With the exception of Dalton and MF3, my calendar is wide open for the next 6-7 months. So, anytime Jozz wants to head down to CT for some guided riding, I'd down. :cool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
With the exception of Dalton and MF3, my calendar is wide open for the next 6-7 months. So, anytime Jozz wants to head down to CT for some guided riding, I'd down. :cool:
I think we should consider a trip up to Quebec as well. :dancing:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
A trip to Quebec is a must for this summer!

Better hurry cause Bromont might not be open for long... :dead:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
narlus said:
what's the story w/ Bromont???
They are adding a bunch of condos at the bottom, on the right when you arrive. They are cutting a new mountain side with four new ski slopes thus destroying a bunch of trails.

Championat du monde #6
Bing Bang #7
Part of extra légère #5
And a bunch of not on map trails.

Thos are not the hardcore DH trails, but they are the good warmups/last run trails.

They say that those trails will remain open... but hard to cut all the trees to create a ski slope and keep the trail in descent condition... :(

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Remember I'm the one putting this one on(In NH), so what's the point of the person who is organizing this to go way out of the way? I chose Bear Brook because of the trails there and I feel it would be the easyest of the big trails in NH to get to.

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
Rip said:
Remember I'm the one putting this one on(In NH), so what's the point of the person who is organizing this to go way out of the way? I chose Bear Brook because of the trails there and I feel it would be the easyest of the big trails in NH to get to.
naw its cool, i cant go anyway, thats finals weekend. i was just wishin it was 3+ hours away thats all.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Ok, I'm still planning on doing this gathering, checked at Bear Brook the other day and there appears to be an entrance fee during their regular season.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
OK I'm confused. Can somebody post all the major details in one post. It seems like everything is scattered around, but I'm a definite maybe.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
ok... now I'm confused...

We've got
- MonkeyFest III - Kingdom Trails... all monkeys welcome
- This "Mini" MF - rip's deal... not sure when or who's invited
- Doug's thing - another mini MF?
- Stosh's thing - just a few people, Stewart.

Am I missing anything???

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
AS long as i am available I am in. Once we have an area to go to i will do some research. does everyone usually camp for the weekend??? just let me know. Sounds like fun!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:

We've got

Am I missing anything???
Christ, I can't keep track of all of this.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
If anything is going on in April, I'm a big maybe, I've got a lot of stuff going on in April, but I'm sure I can squeeze in some riding somewhere. We'll see.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:

We've got

Am I missing anything???
plus the last 3 are being planned for around the same time.......so I dont see all 3 happening

Doug's thing was more MMcg & McGRP01 idea, which I thought was a damn good idea so I offered up my yard for camping/started a thread

I didnt know about Rip's until yeterday / but his choice of location is pretty much too long haul for me

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I'm probably going to move mine up to the 23rd and the 24 of April and I am going to do a bit more research on location, so far Bear Brook still stands.