Quantcast

spring weight for Big Hit DH

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My wife weighs 130 and is getting a Big Hit. What weight spring have you woman run?

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Yep...contact the shock manufacturer. They can make the best recommendation based on the model of the shock and the model of the bike. :)

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
What year model is it, If its a 05 then its gonna have a 450 spring on a Fox Vanilla R shock which is pretty soft( based on a small size anyway), considering i had to change mine to a 650 spring and im 200 lbs and a guy. Currently im runnin a Springer 4 Way tho with a 550 spring .

But yea, depending on what rear and front for that matter your going to have you can usually call your local shop and they can call the tech guys or call there customer service guys yourself and ask them. Unfortunatly if the bike is Brand new you may have to purchase new springs but they normally arent to much. Or your local shock may be cool and have springs in stock that allow tradeouts.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I called Fox and they said either a 350 or 400. It is an 05 Big Hit with a 03 Super T. Im having it built up for my wife right now. Im having the LBS put the softest springs in the Super T and they have a 400 spring for the Fox so hopefully it will be all set up correctly from the shop. I have a feeling she is going to need a 350 spring though.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Possibly, My Small came with a 450 spring and it was PLUSH even with a lighter person sittin on it. if your puttin a 400 she may like it. I love mine now that i changed to SPV platform shocks tho.