Quantcast

squeeky clean

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We are heading to Fernie tomorrow so I clean and greased the bikes up. I also put my black rims and fat tires back on. I love a clean..... freshly greased bike.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ya, my camera sux. I have a better camera but I cant hook my good camera to my old computer.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I've always had a thing for those old Flys. Something about how the shock goes through the frame and, I dunno. Anyways, have fun on the trails.

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
Nice lineup there Kanter... you have what, 3 seasons on the fly? It seems to be holding up super well. How did you do on the 4th? I rallied over to Beacon and had a couple super sick runs.

Still saving for Whistler on the 23rd !!!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ya, this is the 3rd season on the FLY.

I got second on the 4th of July and crashed 30yards before the finish line. I had to run accross the finish line. The first place only beat me by .20 of a SECOND. I would have beat him, no problem, if I hadn't of crashed into a tree.

darn those pics sux... I need a new computer. I just got a Sony digi and I cant hook it up to my old a$$ computer. So now I need a new computer. :( Unless I can find the right cable. hmmm

BTW. The Big Hit will soon have an AVY in the rear.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Jou said:
Are the tires in the same orinetation on purpose, or did it just happen that way?

I just noticed that, cool. ;)

Fernie was awesome today. A little muddy at first but it dried up by 2 or so. The lift was open 10-7pm. If anyone gets the chance, try Fernie. They have a trail called Top Gun that is a lot like A-line at Whistler but a little shorter. Great trail.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Nice..looks like you caught the upgrade bug for your wife's bike too lol...

Funny thing is, I don't get tired of looking at the Fly...I think I need to go downstairs and give mine some TLC too. :D

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Monkeybidnezz said:
Nice..looks like you caught the upgrade bug for your wife's bike too lol...

:D
ya, Super T, tires, and DRS is all. It needs a different rear shock next.

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Nice bikes, but what really caught my attention was the Bronco in your avatar. Yours? I hope. I have a late model full size and love it.
I have always liked the old 1st generation Bronco's even though they don't drive that well (on the road that is )

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I sold the one in the avatar for $12,000 and have another one now. Its orange with a 91 5.0L fuel injected motor and mustang overdrive tranny. I also have one that I race. I have owned a lot of 66-77 broncos in the last 10 years. PM me your email and Ill give you my URL to all the photos of my broncos.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I finally got a new digi camera and digi video camera. Im set up. I got a Sony HC42 video camera and an Olympus camera. Gotta love B-days and anniversarys.

Attachments

MDBullit

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
Bethesda, MD
I like old Flys, especially yours since it has an Avy. Just keep a close eye for cracks :dead: Mine is basically a wall ornament now, but this kid wants it for $350 :) . I wish I was still riding it. but wait... what's that in the lower left?!?!?

Attachments

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Only the old Flys crack. 03 and newer were fixed with reinforcements in the tunnel. I talked with Eric about it awhile back.

Nice DHS. How does it ride compared to the FLY. I thought you were getting a crash replacement. Did Foes hook you up without sending the Fly back?

I think Im going to pass on the Knolly.. $3200 is waaaay to much for a frame. I can buy 2 new Flys for that. Unless I can get a Knolly in the $2500 range.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Kanter said:
Only the old Flys crack. 03 and newer were fixed with reinforcements in the tunnel. I talked with Eric about it awhile back.

Nice DHS. How does it ride compared to the FLY. I thought you were getting a crash replacement. Did Foes hook you up without sending the Fly back?

I think Im going to pass on the Knolly.. $3200 is waaaay to much for a frame. I can buy 2 new Flys for that. Unless I can get a Knolly in the $2500 range.
Dayum. I was hoping for some vicarious enjoyment of a frame I could never afford.

Anyway......have you seen my sig? :blah: :)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ya, I really cant decide which bike I want right now. I do want a NEW bike though. All I need is a frame too. I haven't ruled out the Knolly. Im going to have a look at one when I get to Whistler in a few weeks. I also want to wait for the Highline. The Knolly is in the running right now but man $3200 is just a lot of money for a frame. Why not a Nicolia TFR if Im goin to spend that much money?;) The TFR is only about another $1200. When your spending that much on a frame might as well go for it.... not.

MDBullit

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
Bethesda, MD
Kanter said:

it's nice... not really been on any DH trails, since I have no rear brake at the moment (adapter issue) but it feels nice off the local loading docks. The angles are a lot slacker than the Fly, it bobs less too. On the fly, you can raise the seat and it feels like a long travel trailbike (which it is) since you are centered over the pedals and leaning over toward the bars. but on the Mono, when you raise the seat, you are way behind the pedals and basically have your arms stretched out toward the bars. It's hard to describe. I ended up just buying WCH's "used" Mono since I was recieving no love from Foes on the crash replacement. Your Fly must feel soooo nice with the Avy, I remember mine felt awesome with the Romic and the Avy eats Romics as snacks.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The Romic and Curnutt felt nice but the Avy smokes em both. Its kind of a mix between both the Romic and Curnutt. It climbs as well as the Curnutt but has small bump sensitivity like the Romic. It feels bottomless like the Curnutt but still jumps like the Romic. Its hard to explain. Take all the good traits and throw out the bad traits from the Romic and Curnutt and you have the Avy. My next bike will also have a Avy.