Quantcast

sram attack shifters?

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
What performance level do these rank at? Are they on par with the 06 and 05 X-7?

I'm thinking of grabbing a rear shifter to replace my ultra clapped out LX to do the pushing for my 105 and they seem like a decent deal.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Yes, they are x7 level. I ran them on one of my slalom bikes for the last few seasons. Would still rather have a Sram RD too boot though.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Yes, they are x7 level. I ran them on one of my slalom bikes for the last few seasons. Would still rather have a Sram RD too boot though.
Yeah, I've got a little extra paypal money right now but not enough for a new derailleur and I've been quite happy with the 105. The springs in my old Deore LX shifter just aren't cutting it and every piece has like 30 degrees of slop and/or flex.

DHDror

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Israel
I'm using a 105 with the SRAM Attack shifter on my Sunday and I can't say I'm happy with it.
The shifter's body is all plastic and flex alot . Gives a similar feeling to a worn cable , spongy & inacurate .
I think running a X9 shifter with X7 der. will be better.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
How about the new school Shimano shifters? '07's allow for dual direction upshifts (pushing forward on the front trigger)

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
How about the new school Shimano shifters? '07's allow for dual direction upshifts (pushing forward on the front trigger)
Maybe... Depends on what i end up with in my Paypal account after a couple other purchases.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Don't bother. X7 level is junk, even compared to LX. They feel awful. Go Rocket, or just wait until you smash your derailleur and do a full setup.