Quantcast

sram question

awholelota

Chimp
Apr 29, 2004
sf bay
i saw once here before a sram xo derailluer that was all carbon. i was trying to find wo makes it, and the website. can anyone here help me out. thanks.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If it is a sram derailleur, that was all carbon, my guess would be that sram makes it. The pic that I saw was a prototype and I think that's what you're referring to.

I think that stuff is more graphite with graphics than carbon fiber. It's the same molded stuff they use on the knuckle of the x.0, not the weave the pretty pattern would suggest.

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
awholelota said:
i saw once here before a sram xo derailluer that was all carbon. i was trying to find wo makes it, and the website. can anyone here help me out. thanks.
Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.blackboxracing.com/BBHome/BBHome.html

Put cursor over products then select blackbox X.0 Carbon Cage. I think that is what you are talking about. These babies will be hard to get ahold of (limited quantities sold).

-CAbiker

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
it is a team thing only. they did it to grab attention and save some weight. so far it looks like the idea worked seeing that this is like the 10th tread i have seen on this der.

it really does look cool non the less though. even if it doesn't work better.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
It's supposedly stiffer due to the carbon cage. But meh...

I wish they didn't have that stupid print-on graphics, and just left it plain black. There is a difference between carbon and carbon fibre, so why do they need to pretend it's carbon fibre when it isn't?