Quantcast

Sram X.7

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Hey,
My derailer wasn't shifting the other day so i decided that i should open up the shifter and as i opened it up, the coiled up spring that sits right in the center just flew out, can't figure out how to get it back in. Can anyone explain it to me, or show me a picture of theres so i can see how it hooks in? Really don't wanna have to shell out $$ to replace a good shifter cuz of my dumb-ass mistake. thanks

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
ha damn, i did the same thing to my x9 shifter. ill try to explain it to you. to there is that black wheel thingy in the middle with the teeth on the edges. there are slots or whatever on the top of the wheel. hook one end of the spring to that and set the whole spring on there so its ontop of the black thingy. then i dont know if i put it in the right place but it works, wind the spring up a little bit by turning it or whathave you then attach it to the metal adjuster bar. see i couldnt figure out where it went si i was like, hey, if it works who cares.

ill get some pictures for you if i ever get my ass in the garage and have the will power to do it

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
i ALSO DID THE SAME THING, WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! IF GUST THE TO APRING MOVED IT IS PRETTYEASY TO FIX. IF YOU CRACKED THE WHOLE THING OPEN, THROW IT AWAY AND BUY A NEW ONE, YOU WILL BETTER OF.