Quantcast

Sst 1/21/06

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
I am getting back on the bike tomorrow. Nothing too hard, doctor has asked me to be mellow for another month.(like i was really some big hucker anyways) :) Just want to get a feel for the bike again. Going to head over in the morning. Anyone else????

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'm in. Especially since I spent the entire afternoon down there by myself today. Looking like Pip's down for tomorrow as well.
Glad I had my FF helmet with me...I sure needed it.:rolleyes:
It wasn't a total waste of time going today...

...going to wait until it gets tracked out a little bit before going much further with it. There's a stepdown in the future there for sure.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Nice Andy! Exactly what we were talking about. Nice work. Yes...I think a medium size stepdown/drop towards the top of the hill, would work well!

How is the angle looking to the double? Does it need a berm?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'm sure a berm near the cut wouldn't hurt. Not much as far as roots, so it should be easy to manipulate. Then again, we haven't found a kitchen sink...yet.:think:
It lines up a little smoother than the reg. trail entrance - although Ted pretty much cleared it yesterday when that tight turn was slop. He's slightly more skilled than a fair share of the folks that ride there.
If I did the math right, there would be a line with nine/9/IX hits on it once that's done.:cool:

p.s. - Tooled around the singletrack and it's pretty messed up in spots. Lots of blowdown. Perimiter Trail on the far right about 1/10 mile in has large branch blocking it. I can only imagine there's a few more throughout the park. Stay alert!

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
I am going to hold off till tomorrow before head over. Going to help a friend do some stuff today and to be honest i am still a little fearful of getting back on the bike.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Looks sweet Andy! Can't wait to get out and ride. Im off the bike till the doctor gives me an ok from my car accident at christmas. But I have been buying some bigger and better parts for the bike so all is not lost.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Sucks that you're down, Dave. At least you have something to look forward to down the road...er, trail.

So, the big question is "where was everybody today"?

No big. Pip & I were pretty busy anyway. All you people would have interrupted us from our labors. Not many changes on the regular lines. Just some sprucing up on the top section and a couple little things near the middle.

Look before you leap!:cool:

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Up in Bellingham enjoying Cedar Dust and the Ridge Trail, Bob's and any number of trails almost to the top whose names I couldn't figure out on that one guy's weird maps. Gave one of my maps to a pair of lost hikers (the woman kept saying "I knew we should have gotten a map!") and the guy of the two got precious because it was moist with trail mud and Carbuncle juice. Good times, good times...

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
That line looks good Andy. Think you will have more speed coming into the gap over the concret? I was thinking of making the landing taller. I have been skiing the last 4 weekends, I have been iching to do some building, maybe I will make it down this week and fix some of stuff I built after the rain came.

Sep 8, 2004
I went down there for a while yesterday, that place has changed! Its been about 4 months or so since I'd been there, and there is at least 4-5 times the amount of fun stuff! On the way out I noticed that I had a bent chainstay though, so time to pick one bike up from the shop and deposit the other.

-James.