Quantcast

SST - 1st timer

Mike Clam

Chimp
Nov 8, 2005
Hey- so, yeah, I'm thinking tomorrow I'll finally try to ride SST. What's the latest on where to park? Any tips for the newby? I'm taking my old lady, so we'll probably go for a 'less extreme' line, if there is one. Thanks!

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
The parking lot is right off of 200th, i.e. take I-5 and exit on 200th, and go straight until you get to the bottom of a big hill, where the parking lot will be on the left. Go down the paved trail about a quarter mile and up a dirt trail to the right. Take that through a big field to another paved road. Go left on the road and that will take you right to it.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
If you park at the place next door, there is much less chance of your car being prowled. It's the place with all the semis in the lot. I've asked, and they were cool with us using the lot on weekends. Just be sure to leave the loading docks free for trucks to back in.
Much safer than the gravel lot.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
what time are you going to be there, my shop is having a shop ride after work at about 5:30, then we're going to the UW for some trials and urban assault and cop dodging if anyone wants to go

Mike Clam

Chimp
Nov 8, 2005
Well, we went out yesterday morning- it was pretty cool, stayed fairly mellow on the XC trails. Feel like I need someone to show me around out there so I'm not missing the really fun stuff.

We parked in the gravel lot and didn't have any trouble, though a couple guys got their packs stolen out on the trail- hung 'em on a tree while they were riding and some a-hole grabbed 'em. Can't be too careful I guess.