Quantcast

SST-Flowpark Web Site

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
What would you guys think about having an SST Flowpark web site? I'm thinking about starting something up where we could post pics, maybe have announcements like "official" work days, and really whatever else we wanted it to be. I am basically volunteering to host and manage the site on my own dime and time, but of course anyone that wanted to help is welcome to. I even already registered the following domains:

sst-flowpark.com
sst-flowpark.net
sst-flowpark.org

Just interested what people thought about this before I went to a lot of effort to start building a site.

Chris

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Not to be a dick but I think its not such a good idea. It could be, but to much coverage is not a good thing. There is already plenty of info out there for those that need to know how to find the trails there and where to park (and not too) IF there *rollseyes* was some sort of "jump" or "stunt" that are not supposed to be there then calling attention to it on the Intra-web might not be good.

Most trails are kept on the DL for a reason, I guess I just don't see what all is needed that a new thread on RM cannot accomplish.

Just my Two cents... If your going to work on a site make it for the NW gravity bikes scene. Then you can cover lots of ground and nothing is stopping you from putting up pictures and info regarding SST on a section of it.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I used to run a blog page up until a couple years back. It's fun at first, but it gets real boring real fast...unlike riding there.

Dave's idea would definitely be the way to go, IMHO. All the same, I think between the umpteen-zillion threads regarding SST, the all-new photo thread and exposure through other riding sites (i.e. - www.bonesovermetal.com) I think we don't have to worry about too much coverage.;)

If you could get it to work in a event/trailday listing, bulletin-board sense, I think it would be the most beneficial. As the saying goes..."if it feels good, go with it".

CrashMaster

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
SST got closed down. You could put up a site that just says "under construction" since that is what is happening to SST.

CrashMaster

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Fromet, if i didn't enjoy the fact that you are embracing the internet for it's intended purpose of anonymous sh!t talking, I would take offense to your name calling.