Quantcast

SST Thoughts

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
two1 said:
I wish you would hurry up! I'm about to take a mission to ride SST (Just kiddin ya, but that would be sweet). Cant wait, I need to ride my DH!!
Hey punk! I should hopefully have my DH bike built this week, or by next week at the latest. I'll head up your way for a day on the shore. Sound good?

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
H'wood I'd be stizoked if you came to the great white north! Get a hold of mister one2 or whatever and we could do some sweet dh'ing. My GF is always down to drive the shuttle truck if we go local. There are some loc groms that are building some solid trails. And the whimps VP has been doing some epic upgrading to the trails at G'breath.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
ride said:
H'wood I'd be stizoked if you came to the great white north! Get a hold of mister one2 or whatever and we could do some sweet dh'ing. My GF is always down to drive the shuttle truck if we go local. There are some loc groms that are building some solid trails. And the whimps VP has been doing some epic upgrading to the trails at G'breath.
OK, I know who two1 is but you got me guessing who you are? :confused:

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
holliswood said:
Hey punk! I should hopefully have my DH bike built this week, or by next week at the latest. I'll head up your way for a day on the shore. Sound good?
Oh...Thats tight! ride gots you on the run now! I am totally in to some Dh action. It would be fun to shuttle Seymour or were ever. I've only been to Fromme and Seymour, so thats all I know. B McD just got a new fork so he'll probably want to get some too. Lets do it soon...maybe this weekend?

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
two1 said:
Oh...Thats tight! ride gots you on the run now! I am totally in to some Dh action. It would be fun to shuttle Seymour or were ever. I've only been to Fromme and Seymour, so thats all I know. B McD just got a new fork so he'll probably want to get some too. Lets do it soon...maybe this weekend?
Sorry bro, thats a no can do this weekend. I plan on staying local because I am watching Blaise all day saturday so my wife can go hang with the females! I am going to go hit SST if I can. How about next weekend doing some runs on Seymour? Neds perhaps? That would be a great trail to break in my new boxxer! We could even have the "baby makin' machine" Mc D come along!
See Ya'!

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I dodn't mean to offend you holliswood, but it's against the rules to build "gap jumps" at sst, so making bigger stuff is a lot of work. Anyway, maybe I'll see you guys on sunday. I just passed my drive test today!

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
holliswood said:
Sorry bro, thats a no can do this weekend. I plan on staying local because I am watching Blaise all day saturday so my wife can go hang with the females! I am going to go hit SST if I can. How about next weekend doing some runs on Seymour? Neds perhaps? That would be a great trail to break in my new boxxer! We could even have the "baby makin' machine" Mc D come along!
See Ya'!
Nest weekend sounds good. I'll keep in touch as it gets a little closer. Seymour sounds good, and if this weather stays the same that would be sweet. Did you get a World Cup? I want a new one, those things look nice!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
two1 said:
Nest weekend sounds good. I'll keep in touch as it gets a little closer. Seymour sounds good, and if this weather stays the same that would be sweet. Did you get a World Cup? I want a new one, those things look nice!
Nope,
I got the team cuz I can't use the ti spring thats in the world cup since it's for skinny guys who weigh 165, and the slippery silver sliders I think don't make that much of a difference. Actually I am totally flippin' lying! The team is gloss black and it matches my ride and makes it look sexy! I will keep in touch,
Audi 5000

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
So, I'd like to have alot more features there than currently exist. Gaps, bridges and the like. All the same I want to ensure that we don't create anything that would lead to the place getting kill-dozed.
Besides, it's not like there aren't other places close to home that sport some phatty gaps or that SST is the only place that one can build things.
While alot of you are progressing beyond what is available, keep in mind that there are still alot of "newbies" showing up there on a regular basis.
Somebody on another forum went as far to say that I/we'd get tired of what's there and start building larger stuff. They are wrong. Once I get bored w/ the lines there, I will more-or-less start working on learning tricks. If I bore beyond that point, then I find a new place to create larger things.
SST has always been and will always be about the lesser of the huckers - a place for them to catch up to the big-dogs.

OK, that was more than 2-cents...keep the change. ;)

Huckermatt

Chimp
Sep 14, 2003
South Lake, WA
To anyone who is planning on building over by softies beware. There are folks who ride there who do not want any dh style trails over there AT ALL! That is the quickest way to get softies shut down, and that is the last local mecca the dirt jumpers have. Please leave it be.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
holliswood said:
OK, I know who two1 is but you got me guessing who you are? :confused:

HAHA. I hear RIDE is just a poser with only digital pictures of bikes he claims to be his stolen off e-bay......... :)

You know ride.... he schools it.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
BIGHIT756 said:
Leave the softies area ALONE!!! like matt said....too much attention will be drawn to that, and we dont need to lose that great place.
I totally agree! Softies has been there for a long time, and they worked their a$$ off to make it what it is. The mountain bikers have their area and they need to keep the building there, not on softies side! Plus I would hate to be the guy who gets his a$$ kicked by the bmx'ers and the mountainbikers for screwing things up!

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
They built a new drop this afternoon right in the middle lil 6 footer i was the test dummy it was fun but if u have 2 much speed u will overshoot it.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
u come up the middle of the top line take the lil 4 ft drop through the rocks hit the new 6ft drop then u can hit the rider left line.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Really? Is that the one just before you get to the old slab area? I know Pip was looking to put something up in that area...just to the right of the "big" drop up top, no?

(scratches head and stares blankly around room)

I need to get down there to ride this weekend - this workweek was the ass-and-a-half.

Fire Rider

Chimp
Sep 15, 2004
Kent "Upper E. side"
Pip was too busy, so I stepped in. Thank GEX for testing it. I hope it gets people fired up to build the rest of the line. Someone other than myself should take on this line. I think I'm going to start working on trails elsewhere (other than SST). This drop was a test to see if my shoulder can handle the work of other projects. I'll show you guys the line we were thinking about next time I'm riding out there. :cool:

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
polo you freak, gimme a call about this weekend. im thinking sunday since ill be rock climbing all saturday.

lemme know!