Quantcast

SST trailday, some pics (sorry 56k folks) and Miguel's broken

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yes, I'm multi-tasking.:sneaky:
Most of you probably know Miguel - rides/works alot at SST, Duval, PA, etc., etc., etc. He had a crash at the Beacon Blastoff (I wasn't there, Pip relayed this to me) and he thought he sprained his ankle, but he actually broke it. He just had surgery and will be laid up at the worse possible time. No riding and surely no digging. To beat the old cliche' like a dead horse, he's one of the last people that deserves such a fate...to say he's good people is a major understatement.
Needless to say, major healing vibes his way.

Mike (left) talking bikes w/ Pip. Rumor has it that he's selling his Evil.:think:
:nope: There's too many of us going down lately :nope:

So, I finally got down to SST for the first time in a couple weeks...after a month before that and had a productive day. Less overgrowth - ESPECIALLY up top, but everywhere in general. Machete Justice was served.:)
Andy (of the Santa Cruz persuasion) was already tossing dirt around left-and-right!

Throughout the course of the afternoon/early-evening, he mentioned he'd be out there finishing up a couple things he's got started. We also have a couple ideas we're hoping to get to if time permits along the fence. I guess what I'm trying to say is...
TRAILDAY AT SST THIS SATURDAY
Bring a shovel and/or friend! The main line will be ridable, since we're going to work on the middle line and lower-left section if time permits.

Anywho, blah-blah-blah...here's some pics from today.:)

There you go!

Now that my eyes hurt from 3hrs. of downloading, uploading and cross-linking I think I'm passing out.:dead:

Happy trails.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Needless to say, major healing vibes his way.
Miguel is one my favorite people I've meet through dh'ing. Always friendly with a positive attitude. He always puts a smile and my face when I talk to him!!! Hope he has a quick recovery!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, Frank...it was probably more fun than should be allowed on a Wed. night.
Now that I take a closer look P.1, it does look like he's got the tea-finger thing going on in that last pic. As bright as it was late yesterday, the woods are nice and shady - makes for good riding, but tricky for pics.
I also hope Miguel didn't mess up his digging ankle...that'd be a pisser. I have yet to see anybody that can dig like him. He's a frickin' machine.

I forgot to mention that the Wed. XC series appears to be underway. Be alert and courteous...save the attitude for the drive home.:)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Bullitrider said:
So how the hell do you get pics to be full size in your threads? Nice ones, by the way!
Thanks!:)
I upload the pics either in my photo album or some other site that I can keep them stored and then it's all copy/paste magic from there. If you need to know more, then the best thing for you to do would be hitting the "quote" tab on my original post and you can see how it's formatted.;)

huckerAJ

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Sorry to hear Miguel....I know how hard it is breaking at the beginning of the season. I was out in a cast for 13 weeks last year, plus recovery. Keep your head up high bro and unlike the bloodhound gang DONT blow your brains out. I know it gets a little boring.!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I'll pass on the well wishes to Mig. I think he gets released from the hospital tomorrow. He wants to make PA as a spectator, but I think that would be pushing it. He's tired of not being able to do anything.

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Andy (of the Santa Cruz persuasion) was already tossing dirt around left-and-right!

Throughout the course of the afternoon/early-evening, he mentioned he'd be out there finishing up a couple things he's got started. We also have a couple ideas we're hoping to get to if time permits along the fence. I guess what I'm trying to say is..
That dude is almost always there, he's one of the only people at SST who will actually say hi and strike up a conversation with me there on a regular basis. Uber friendly. :thumb:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
best wishes for healing to miguel. hey i might be out at SST tommrow ill help out with some building and stuff but its not a for sure i will be their, although my bike is back together now so i will be riding a bit too

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
cove rider said:
best wishes for healing to miguel. hey i might be out at SST tommrow ill help out with some building and stuff but its not a for sure i will be their, although my bike is back together now so i will be riding a bit too
Good deal about getting the bike back up!:thumb:
I'm still going to be riding the loaner-tank, but it's something to ride all the same. Hopefully we see ya' out there or you'd better be somewhere riding...or else...something.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Well sst was fun tonight i really liked riding that new stepdown it was very cool. I sucked it up at softies though so its all good. Much fun. I knew i saw Phat Boi but who else was out there? I was on the .243 with my half shell/cedric goggles.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Just got home after pulling a 10-6 shift down there today w/ Pip and a small army of helpers. Thanks to all that pitched in one way or another...or both!:D
Pip & I started the day by giving the line on the far left at the bottom a complete facelift. Too much to describe, other than a few small/medium gaps. I'll post a few pics later.
The other Andy made major progress on the line he's working on in the middle section - he'll be out there tomorrow to wrap it up if anybody wants to lend him a hand. He's usually out there by 2pm. Pics also coming of that section as well.
Meanwhile, Norm and a few others began work on another project nearby...a nice little gap jump that shoots you between a couple of trees. Should be interesting for sure! No pics of this one, sorry.

Needless ot say, a walk-thru in those sections would be wise. The stepdown/table side of things is still the same as it has been over the last week.

Pics coming after I hook the feed-bag up and then get my download/upload on...and if I don't pass out along the way.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ya me and a buddy where out their today me on my cove with a monster and my buddy on a stinky with a shiver, ya you guys made yons of progress today it looks sweet thanks for doing all that work if we didnt live so far away we could help build stuff more often

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Thanks. Any bit of help is greatly appreciated.:thumb:
Hopefully a little rain rolls in down there over the next week at some point - that area around the fence is still kind of soft/spongy. Fun all the same. I think we're going to go out there a day next weekend to finish it off, buff up some berms and maybe even ride.
As promised...pics.

Pip with the 1st attempt at Andy's new gap in the middle. He came up short (not pictured) but walked away from it.
Here, he's eyeing it up...

It looked great initially...next time, Pip!

View of fence line renovation (from above)

View from the bottom left gap

View from below

Andy showing a friend how to roll a drop...'cuz he's a damned nice guy like that.

There is no such thing as the trail fairy - it's called elbow grease

Test riding the final gap on the lower left line (is that you cove rider?)

Hope it rains as hard on Sunday as it did on Saturday. If that's the case, don't forget the short-sleeves and sunglasses.:cool:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
cove rider said:
nope not me i ride a cove not a kona
I guess I need to start taking notes out there.:o:

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday, I was cooked from the waist-down from a 4+ hr. road ride. Today, I'm cooked from the waist-up from digging and carrying/rolling rocks. It's GREAT to be alive!!

I was going to post some more pics (as attachments) but they are too large and I'm too lazy to re-scale them right now. Hey, at least I'm honest!

Bonus - it's raining! Not only do I not feel bad about slacking today, but the work we just completed is getting necessary moisture.:D

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
hey when you arent feeling lazy anymore it would be cool to see some pics of what you guys did today. o and what where you riding out there yesterday anyways? ive lacked to find out who you acctually are in person

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
cove rider said:
hey when you arent feeling lazy anymore it would be cool to see some pics of what you guys did today. o and what where you riding out there yesterday anyways? ive lacked to find out who you acctually are in person
I don't plan on resizing the ones too large to attach - they weren't anything special anyway. The ones I posted last night are the best I got. You almost have to see it in person to get a good perspective. All the plants block something in one shot or another - that's not a bad thing at all, mind you.

I was one of the folks doing all that work along the fence. I had the loaner/test-ride Raleigh Ram XT3500 (same bike I'm building except mine's a small and that one's a large), red XC lid w/visor, Sonics sleeveless shirt and jeans...usually w/ shovel or camera in hand.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Probably this coming weekend. Weather permitting, I may try to sneak down there during the week to throw some runs on it.:)
Bike is STILL not done? Dang Andy, what are they doing - growing you a headset? Delivering it by Pony Express? This must be the BEST headset ever...sheesh.