Quantcast

SST trailday, some pics (sorry 56k folks) and Miguel's broken

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Five said:
Bike is STILL not done? Dang Andy, what are they doing - growing you a headset? Delivering it by Pony Express? This must be the BEST headset ever...sheesh.
Hahaha! Uber-bestest to the max. With my luck, they probably had a labor strike at the factory where the headset is made.
Funny you should mention, 'cuz I'm about to pull the plug on that outlet and head to the not-so-LBS later this week. My goal is to ride MY bike and not the loaner/demo bike this weekend...dammit!!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Hahaha! Uber-bestest to the max. With my luck, they probably had a labor strike at the factory where the headset is made.
Funny you should mention, 'cuz I'm about to pull the plug on that outlet and head to the not-so-LBS later this week. My goal is to ride MY bike and not the loaner/demo bike this weekend...dammit!!
It's the gold finish you requested. I told you just go for the standard ano finish, but noooo had to go for the bling. See what happens?!?!

Yeah, you need to be on it - a bunch of us are headed to Whistler this weekend and definetely next for Memorial Day...

Jun 18, 2004
nohbody said:
That dude is almost always there, he's one of the only people at SST who will actually say hi and strike up a conversation with me there on a regular basis. Uber friendly. :thumb:
Andy's one of my fav 50+ (age) freeriders... if you see this Andy tell Andy that I havn't been down there to help on that new line @ SST because of work and I was out for awhile w/a strained foot ligament.....

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Str8OutaBallard said:
Andy's one of my fav 50+ (age) freeriders... if you see this Andy tell Andy that I havn't been down there to help on that new line @ SST because of work and I was out for awhile w/a strained foot ligament.....
Should I also tell him you said he was 50+ yrs. old too?? I'm thinking he's more in his early-40's max. I guess after you pass 35, it really doesn't matter...you're considered a dinosaur.:rolleyes:

BTW, hope the foot is feeling better.:)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Should be putting the finishing touches and getting the digi out pretty much 24 hrs. from now. I'm so not going to be able to sleep tonight!!!:monkey:

Suurrrrre - I'll believe it when I see it. :)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
cove rider said:
yes that all well and good but where is this so called new bike
Damn! Well, the diversion bought me several hours.:think:

Bike's hanging on my repair stand...it's 110% ready to receive the headset that I was hoping to pick up today (but didn't)...I even have my headset press sitting just off to the side to maximize my efficiency when the time arrives.
It's guaranteed to be in by Friday. Needless to say, I'm going to be hanging out near downtown/U-dist with my cell-phone ringer on uber-loud waiting for the call from Recycled. I did get a call from them earlier today, but that was just about a job that I got there (sales/grunt) and will start next Wednesday!
:D

In another effort to divert your attention, what the hell's up w/ the weather these last few days? One hour it's warm and sunny. Next hour it's cool/cold and raining like it will never rain again. An hour after that, it's back to sunny paradise. I'm wishing I had a video camera that did time-elapsed sequences...that would be phat!

p.s. - this bike is going to be frickin' sweet! :drool:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle

someone needs to put a lip on that takeoff...MORE HEIGHT!!!!

hey andy...atleast take a pic of the bike in parts..i wanna see the frame!!!!

OMGWTFBBQ?!11!!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
That's just Jimmy's style playing tricks with your eyes...he was doing mach V going off that flat. I prefer the slightly slower pre-hop action myself.

Sorry, no half-arsed pics. As a matter of fact, I have to head to Recycled to pick up my headset right NOW!!:D

*edit*
p.s. - I learned my lessons from going there, Cory. I find it more convenient to do a 20-mile R/T to the U-Dist.:nuts:

*2nd edit*
p.p.s - I got the job, Sean! Start next Wednesday.

More to come!!!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
That's just Jimmy's style playing tricks with your eyes...he was doing mach V going off that flat. I prefer the slightly slower pre-hop action myself.

Sorry, no half-arsed pics. As a matter of fact, I have to head to Recycled to pick up my headset right NOW!!:D

*edit*
p.s. - I learned my lessons from going there, Cory. I find it more convenient to do a 20-mile R/T to the U-Dist.:nuts:

*2nd edit*
p.p.s - I got the job, Sean! Start next Wednesday.

More to come!!!
I can't wait to see this headset - this must be the most awesomest friggin thing in the world. Hope it gives you mad skilz. It took what, 8 years to get it, or something like that? Handmade by virgins.