Quantcast

SST website

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
after a few days of just sitting down and hammering away at it...the site seems to be complete.

there are two main sections...the actual site, which has a news frontpage with commenting ability. traildays and such will be posted and ask your questions via comments...like a forum, but with far less overhead.

the other section is the gallery...vids/pics and lots of em. enjoy em! if you have any to add, just email (sst @ autisticpig.com) them in. if we get enough requests for gallery accounts to add things yourselves, we will grant them..but for now..NO SOOOP FOR YOU! :D

enjoy!

http://sst.autisticpig.com/

there are a few that i dont have contact info for to give them logins, but contact has initiated for them. to everyone else; enjoy the site!

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
cory, that vid cracks me up! the last time i hit that drop, i landed a few feet before the table at the bottom, hit the table, and landed a few dozen yards in the wooded area...took me a good 20 minutes to get back to the trail HA!

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
people crack me up. someone (anonymous by name, but not by IP - 205.158.140.98) felt like posting about what happened at 38 well over a year+ ago. i will repeat to you what i repeated to the last person that brought it up... its history...move on... QED.

jeeeebus

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bibs said:
hahhahaha...the "cory gets beat by a tree" video :D
That was a good one for sure - glad you weren't dain-bramaged or anything like that.
There's other carnage-related stuff in there as well - we're not picking on just you!:p

Sean, there's always going to be the Negative Nancies out there. It all boils down to this - the more we are working to legitimize riding areas in general, the more they will have to listen in time.
Look to skateboarding or bmx for a perfect example of this.:cool:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
man that place looks to cool. i wanna come up there to ride that. awesome lookin playground

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
yeah but you are forgetting...i stirred A LOT of poopoo with the whole 38 fiasco. surely i deserved a solid white knuckle sandwich and thought darren was going to give me one that day you were with us :) but he didnt, and we talked it out, shook hands..and moved forward. since then I have ridden with a few of the guys that are friends of, or otherwise aquainted with dhz and after some much needed chitchat, things seemed to have moved forward. i was wondering when someone would dig that back up, and aparently someone has; but without admitting who they are-which doesnt really help anyone out in the long run.

yeah the whole thing was WAY outta hand and went further than it should have, but its life came to an end and that should have been the end of that.

much like how we hate when people touch SST, they hate how people alter their trails...something i obviously didnt think about when smoothing out that section and then bitching to them about it...amazing how after only a short period of time, I am on the receiving end of what I was once on the giving end of. live and learn i suppose.

now with that said...

we need to fix the ledge to the right of the far left one..the top of it is seriously eroding away. i know polo wanted to fix it up and who knows..he may have already :) but if not, i say we tackle that first thing tomorrow.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Thanks, biggins! Let us know if/when that happens.:)

I'm down w/ the erosion-fix on the main line drop. After all, that's where I learned to do steep rolldowns many, many, many moons ago. It's def. in need of :heart:.
I wouldn't mind solving the berm problem on B&B as well - I know what needs to be done and will see what you think.
Ya', seems like a few people are into the grudge thing I reckon. Glad I'm on most people's good side.:eviltongu

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
how many times ive heard "are you sean d?" still amazes me... :D

i say we talk to pip before even thinking about touching b&b...thats his baby and well...i dont want to even walk across his trail with a shovel :)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
seand said:
how many times ive heard "are you sean d?" still amazes me... :D

i say we talk to pip before even thinking about touching b&b...thats his baby and well...i dont want to even walk across his trail with a shovel :)
I know for a fact that the berm is one section he's wanting to get fixed as well. It used to be mint, but when an outside-crew built the larger stepdown, it blocked the line the berm fed you to. I'm going to be on the phone w/ him before the day is done as it is, so I'll bring it up. I'm sure he'll be like "hell, yeah...fix that damned thing, please". Just a hunch.;)

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
OH..that berm. i thought you meant above the trailgap thingy...yeah we need to fix up that berm. maybe not make it a berm, but a jump to...someplace?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
well the statue DID come from france...so she is a freedom statue now..right? :)

okay, berm it is...its all the same to me..just move dirt and shape it differently...berm, jump..whatever :P

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Loretto, with those percocets you're currently popping, THIS site probably looks pretty frickin' sweet too, eh? *stay away from the garbage can*
I've been going thru tons of vids & pics and don't have one single one with you in it - hurry back so we can do something about that.:sneaky:

Everything is looking sweet. Have you unoticed I've been on RM more - I can't do the things I normally do after work and getting bored as hell. Even all the reality shows are looking sweet :(

Five said:
Everything is looking sweet. Have you unoticed I've been on RM more - I can't do the things I normally do after work and getting bored as hell. Even all the reality shows are looking sweet :(
sorry to hear you got broke bro! Get Well soon! ;) I never see you anymore...I miss you :D hehe but this gives me time to get a 20" bike and try to catch up to you :D lol j/k

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Five said:
That's a drag-and-a-half, Loretto.
I Flirted w/ another case on the table today, but rode the bull for the full 8 seconds:p
If you get Cartoon Network, you need to watch Adult Swim...starts @ 11pm - don't know what your hours are like, but if you're awake then, it's percocet heaven.:sneaky:
Thanks, Frank - I don't think SAM would appreciate it as much as, say, Twenty-Six, Mountain Bike or some deserving "rag". At least they are up for all to enjoy.
Speaking of which, Sean and I had a mondo-productive day today. Fixed the second berm in the S-Curves, the berm off the drop to the left of the drop for the stepdowns and the berm near the slabs that sets you up for the table. I think that's all we did work-wise. I'll post more pics/vids early this evening on the site so all can do their homework.:)
Also ran into Tony, Randy and...damn, forgot the other person's name - he was taking some good pics as well. If he wants us to post any of them on the site (I think he's a Monkey), shoot me a PM.
Norm and Lee Ann (Norm's mom) showed up as well...she had a front-row seat to my near table demise. I think she was more scared than I was and I was pretty tense.
Needless to say, things are looking rather well out there as of today!:thumb:
My unemployed days are now behind me - back to the grind tomorrow. Back to being just a weekend warrior.:monkey:

Andy

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
bibs said:
sorry to hear you got broke bro! Get Well soon! ;) I never see you anymore...I miss you :D hehe but this gives me time to get a 20" bike and try to catch up to you :D lol j/k
Ohhhh - you gonna bring it?

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Nice site there, I'll be down there Sunday with shovel in hand, Andy. Now that Pip got me to step up last weekend I've got to keep it going...That table is deadly, by the way. I had heard folks mumbling about hitting it to fast or too slow but didn't get the implications until my second run through when I just slightly undercooked the takeoff: think I sandpapered my sphincter with my rear High Roller trying to stay upright...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
carbuncle said:
Nice site there, I'll be down there Sunday with shovel in hand, Andy. Now that Pip got me to step up last weekend I've got to keep it going...That table is deadly, by the way. I had heard folks mumbling about hitting it to fast or too slow but didn't get the implications until my second run through when I just slightly undercooked the takeoff: think I sandpapered my sphincter with my rear High Roller trying to stay upright...
Damn, Trace...knobbie-love - I almost forgot that sensation until you just mentioned it.:eek:
I think the lip on the table takeoff could use a little touching-up so flat-landers are a rarity. That will take the whole of 2 min. to do. Looking forward to running into you again - it'e been a while.
Welcome to the Monkey!:D

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
cory - i have a bmx you are more than welcome to for a super cheap price. pm me if you are interested. i hate the thing..ive ridden it maybe 10 times and it just slaughters me...im to much of a puss to be riding a fully rigid :)

im glad to hear pip is back into the digging game..now if only we can get out there the same time as him to toss idears around...

andy, i dont know if the big table needs touching up..i know the smaller one certainly does...needs more kick. like a foot taller ramp take-off? HA! MORE DIRT!!!

how was your first day in the ratrace of employment?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
seand said:
im glad to hear pip is back into the digging game..now if only we can get out there the same time as him to toss idears around...

andy, i dont know if the big table needs touching up..i know the smaller one certainly does...needs more kick. like a foot taller ramp take-off? HA! MORE DIRT!!!

how was your first day in the ratrace of employment?
Quiet, you!!:mumble:
Other than spend 1/2 the day in a car and freeway traffic most of the way, I'll be glad when that part of my training ends. I have to know how to get to some of the courthouses, etc. so I can explain directions to new drivers. My brains hurt.
I was thinking the middle table kicker...I don't think the big-table could get any lippier than it is right now. If anything - less dirt...we can shave a good lip into the hardpack and if we get the angle right, then :cool:
Otherwise, much more dirt for sure.

Interesting. Tomorrow's Friday and it will be, like, an actual Friday for a change.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
cory - pm sent back. hopefully saturday or sunday you can take this poor bmx off my hands and give it some loving :)

andy, lets build the smaller table takeoff to send you like 20 feet UP and then the 22 out to reach tranny...total bmx dj style...that way sir huckeraj can get two no-footers in with a table no-footer, make a sandwich, and take some pictures..all while in the air :P

i dont know how big we should make that take-off seeing as there are still some who havent progressed to clearing the table yet with the takeoff the way it is. i think making it poppier (yes thats a word) would be fun for those clearing it now, but may set those others back since it would require more speed to get over it? thoughts?