Quantcast

sst ?

EGGS

Chimp
May 29, 2008
NYC
wouldn't it make a great 1x guide for those of us that do not want to go 10 speed? imagine it using adjustable lg plates so you can run a 25-30t sprocket ala home brew or just a std bmx chain ring . and a nice integrated small taco bash :thumb:

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
wouldn't it make a great 1x guide for those of us that do not want to go 10 speed? imagine it using adjustable lg plates so you can run a 25-30t sprocket ala home brew or just a std bmx chain ring . and a nice integrated small taco bash :thumb:
The SST retention system was release in 2005 and was limited to it's proprietary 26T crownwheel. In addition it featured an extremely thick backplate designed for urban riding, grinding and the like. It was never intended to be light. Crankset usage is also limited to 3 pc BMX style cranks.
I still use the 26T crownwheel/supercharger on my SS, I love the product but honestly there are quite a few lighter alternatives to the 340g SST which is honestly pretty dated and hasn't seen production for some time.

A great single speed option would be the new SRS+32. It's got fixed position sliders, micro turbocharger and only weighs 175g. the new TRS+ SRS/LG1 hybrid would only weigh in at 118g w/no bash.
http://www.e13components.com/product_trsplus.html

EGGS

Chimp
May 29, 2008
NYC
for reasons of weight i would agree with you . but for gear ratios i still like the lower front chaining option .

besides after doing my research it looks like someone might of beat them to it.

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
for reasons of weight i would agree with you . but for gear ratios i still like the lower front chaining option .

besides after doing my research it looks like someone might of beat them to it.
Beat whom to what exactly?
opc-chainwheel.jpgimages (3).jpeg

EDIT:
Found what I was looking for here. 30T SRS used by specialized/monster team.

Last edited: