Quantcast

SSWC06 Trip

Nov 4, 2003
Ok monkeys I haven't been lurking everyday like I used to, but who is going to Sweden? I was shunned away earlier in the year with the $1100 airfare, but now its only $700 from Philly to Stockholm. I don't think I want to do this trip alone. Last year I had a great experience having BikeGeek and peter6061 crashing at my place, and this year I would like to meet some new 1 geared RMers. So what I'm asking is...who is coming with me?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i would love to go. but its too late for me to make plans to go to europe. got a perfect bike to turn into an ss and since its in europe i can really participate in the post race celebration. maybe ill be at the 07 race.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I was tempted, and I've always wanted to visit Sweden, but I just used all my leave on another trip to the PNW. So I'm out. I hope you do find someone to go with as it should be a great trip with a fun race thrown in. You gonna be at W101?

Nov 4, 2003
Hey Peter

Funny you should mention the W101. I started training for it in late April early May (I actually wanted to finish this race). But of course life interveined and I got caught up with research and fell off the training wagon and now there is no way I could ever finish that race. So sadly enough, no I'm not going to compete. If you are coming up for it by all means PM me and I'll give you my number if you need a place to stay again or if you just want to grab some food.

Ride on
-Kyle

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Agentorangemen said:
Hey Peter

Funny you should mention the W101. I started training for it in late April early May (I actually wanted to finish this race). But of course life interveined and I got caught up with research and fell off the training wagon and now there is no way I could ever finish that race. So sadly enough, no I'm not going to compete. If you are coming up for it by all means PM me and I'll give you my number if you need a place to stay again or if you just want to grab some food.

Ride on
-Kyle
I really don't mean to derail this thread, but....
I'll be up with the wife. She's volunteering. I was in great shape for the race until about 3 weeks ago when it got wet around here and I went on vacation. No riding later, and I feel like I'm gonna hurt a lot just to finish the damn thing. So anyway, that's my goal this time. Just to finish. I'm trying to get riding in now, but with the heat and humidity, it's been hard. I know I'll probably get it up there at race time as well.

That said, c'mon, just race it anyway. We can just ride together and try to finish it. I'm rolling SS (which is probably a mistake), but that's what I signed up for.

I'll PM you some info before I come up.

Nov 4, 2003
IT"S OFFICIAL! I just purchased my tickets. Aug 15th - Aug 22nd in Stockholm. I fly from State College to Philly to Stockholm for only $672.37. HALF of what it was in Dec or Jan when I started looking. I'm freakin hyped. I do need some RM stickers for the bike and random places in Stockholm so if anyone wants to donate some I would be more than happy to plaster them where ever I see fit. Pictures of course will be included when I return.

--Ride on

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
That's awesome, man. Have a great time. Good luck in the race this year. Bring it back to the states for 07. (you know what I mean)

I'll be up in your neck next weekend. We'll have to throw down a beer at some point.

I might have some RM stickers laying around somewhere. Sure as hell I'm not putting them on my stuff ;)

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
BikeGeek said:
You're really into pain aren't you. :D
You wanna join? I'm not gonna be moving fast due to my extended vacation. I'm just going for the finish. I've got room. Wife's coming to volunteer. You could bring the wife and kid???

Nov 4, 2003
Sorry Peter, there is no way I'm going to do the W101. Actually if Tim is in, then I am in, but with bug spray and a bee sting kit.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
peter6061 said:
You wanna join?
It's not sponsored by DC101 or something, 101 refers to the mileage right? If so, that's one more mile than I'm allowed to ride. Ummm... doctor's orders.

more info?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
BikeGeek said:
It's not sponsored by DC101 or something, 101 refers to the mileage right? If so, that's one more mile than I'm allowed to ride. Ummm... doctor's orders.

more info?
Wilderness 101

1 large loop. Uses some of the same trails from the SSWC05 from what I hear.