Quantcast

St Eds demo'ed again

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Big B said:
Yes, magnitude does matter. No, I am not aware of any fighting going on. Finally, I'm not worried about it getting plowed, but you seem to be.

Different folks, different strokes. I guess you can't please everyone.
Apparently it doesn't or it would still be standing? :nope:

If the fight is over than yay to the BBTC for that.

It doesn't affect me one way or another whether it gets plowed or not, but I thought you started this thread to comiserate about it getting torn down (or plowed to keep things simple)??? Truly I could care less, but this seems to be a common theme lately - "someone (insert government agancy, property owner or person who has vested interest in said property) came and tore down the jumps/trail/stunts I spent so much time building". :nopity: I find it amusing in a way.

No need to worry about pleasing me, I get my "thrills" else where. ;)

Oh, and don't think I'm bagging on you or something. :D If you have been lurking around here for a while or go back and look at some more or less recent threads you will see this common occurance - something gets taken out, yentil pisses and moans about how come this happens on land that is seemingly not being used :mumble: , yentil accuses people of being tree-huggers for pointing out its not his property to be building on :mumble: , people moan and piss some more, blah, blah, blah.... :nopity:

In summation, if you build on property you do not personlly own, whether its private or public, and it gets taken out - SUCK IT UP! :nopity: Live to build another day in another location. Hint: the farther from the city you get, the better chance it has of surviving, but no guarantees.... :thumb:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
The fights NEVER over. There's always someone living local bitchin' about all the bikes in their park.
And, there's a new sherriff in town too. If "Big B" was in the know like he says, he'd know that. Ranger Joel has moved on and there's a new Head ranger at Ed's. So far, things are going pretty well. Finn Hill is a different story. It's King Co property and King County is not a nice to us as other governing agencies. Hence their agreement to let the WTA (www.WTA.org) do their dirty work for them.
The middle property, featuring the Tie Trail and the jump in question is under Bastyr and we all know that they are looking the other way until they get sued.

Make no mistake, Ed's/Bastyr/Finn Hill is the highest profile place in the greater Seattle area. When mountain bikers f'up. Everyone who wants to hold it against us is eager to run with it. I'm just tired of making excuses for my own kind...

P.S. TH, you wanna ride those two trails? I remember where they were. Might take a machete to get through them. But, as you said, well worth giving up to get the rest.

trailhacker said:
All you ever do is whine about not being able to build what ever you want, where ever you want, how ever you want. But in big sky MONTANA you can build what ever you want, where ever you want. Whats keepin' ya here with that eutopia awaitin' back home?
Nice edit on the post BTW, before I could even finish responding....
I don't whine, I b!tch from time to time, there's a difference. :o: Montana is truely a one of a kind type of place, and when I have the "MEANS" to move back, and when I finish what I came here for in the first place, believe me, I'll be letting you and everyone else know. Washington is a cool place geographically, but when it comes to most of the yahoo's that live in this state, not to mention the ever abundant rapist/pedifile's/ and all the other sorry @ss criminals that this state has alot of, it just puts a big ole damper on living here. I guess it could be that I'm just in Pierce county, and city life sucks! But even some of the smaller towns have a strange feel to them. IF you ever visit Montana, you will more than likely come back to this sack of apple's, pack up your pile of rubbage, and move there. The people and the place feel positive and happy, where as here...the people and the place have a weird negative feeling to it/them.

Peace out brotha

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
If only there were some hi-tech jobs in Montana...

Utah seems pretty cool too. If they allow an event like the Red Bull Rampage there, it can't be all bad.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
NineFingers said:
I don't whine, I b!tch from time to time, there's a difference. :o: Montana is truely a one of a kind type of place, and when I have the "MEANS" to move back, and when I finish what I came here for in the first place, believe me, I'll be letting you and everyone else know. Washington is a cool place geographically, but when it comes to most of the yahoo's that live in this state, not to mention the ever abundant rapist/pedifile's/ and all the other sorry @ss criminals that this state has alot of, it just puts a big ole damper on living here. I guess it could be that I'm just in Pierce county, and city life sucks! But even some of the smaller towns have a strange feel to them. IF you ever visit Montana, you will more than likely come back to this sack of apple's, pack up your pile of rubbage, and move there. The people and the place feel positive and happy, where as here...the people and the place have a weird negative feeling to it/them.

Peace out brotha
I lived in MT for a couple years at the young age of 22. I really liked it there...it's beautiful, and the small town atmosphere was great, so I kinda agree with you....BUT while your here, why don't you make the best of it.

I would love to move back to eastern WA but this big bad city offers that necessary evil….a good paying job.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
I lived in MT for a couple years at the young age of 22. I really liked it there...it's beautiful, and the small town atmosphere was great, so I kinda agree with you....BUT while your here, why don't you make the best of it.

I would love to move back to eastern WA but this big bad city offers that necessary evil….a good paying job.
Just a small town girl!
Livin in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin anywhere.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
Well, i should look like my dad shouldnt I? I mean thats how nature is.... kids resemble their parents.....
at least you didn't pick up his smoking habit, hey btw can i have your dads autograph?

Big B said:
If only there were some hi-tech jobs in Montana...

Utah seems pretty cool too. If they allow an event like the Red Bull Rampage there, it can't be all bad.
Montana has em they are just few and far between.

Utah is sick, you just have to know its going to be different for you if your a partier! The mormon's got everything down there on lock-down. But as far as the terrain goes, it's killa!

Snacks said:

Wow snacks showed me some :heart: for once...I'm touched :)

Yeah I'm making the best of it! I like it here, don't get me wrong. But once you live in or grew up in a certain place that is a perfect cup of tea, anywhere else is frustrating. It's growing on me here, like the moss. I do like the riding opportunities, although I miss the openess of MT where you can rip fast lines and build huge jumps without any trees to worry about. The snowboarding is pretty decent here, not like the "cold smoke" of the Rockies but it's good. I just miss the sunny days. In Bozeman, we had something like 300+ sunny days a year. The sun make a big difference in how you feel. Around here even though theres no extreme cold, the depression of the rain and clouds is enough to make a man put on some pounds...

But, I've got a great place, a 6 month pup now, some good friends and my best friend and his girl friend(also a friend from MT) live here so we get together and have fun.

I just am anticipating the day I move back.

NineFingers said:
Wow snacks showed me some :heart: for once...I'm touched :)

Yeah I'm making the best of it! I like it here, don't get me wrong. But once you live in or grew up in a certain place that is a perfect cup of tea, anywhere else is frustrating. It's growing on me here, like the moss. I do like the riding opportunities, although I miss the openess of MT where you can rip fast lines and build huge jumps without any trees to worry about. The snowboarding is pretty decent here, not like the "cold smoke" of the Rockies but it's good. I just miss the sunny days. In Bozeman, we had something like 300+ sunny days a year. The sun make a big difference in how you feel. Around here even though theres no extreme cold, the depression of the rain and clouds is enough to make a man put on some pounds...

But, I've got a great place, a 6 month pup now, some good friends and my best friend and his girl friend(also a friend from MT) live here so we get together and have fun.

I just am anticipating the day I move back.
I was born and raised in Havre and went to school in Bozeman and moved out here as soon as I graduated college. When I moved out here I felt the exact same way as you do now. All I can say is if you can make it through your first winter and one whole summer I guarentee that you will want to stay here. That will give you enough time to get to be friends with a core group of people. I know it's tough at first because people out here (generally speaking) are much more clickish than people in Montana.

Washington has way more oppurtunities (personal and Proffesional) than Montana. Not one of all my friends and accaintences that moved out here have moved back to montana.

I miss the sun in Bozeman as well, nothing beats on a crisp winter day.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Langer said:
I was scrooling through pix on BBTC and came across these photos of St Edward's Expansion plan for Bastyr U. Any info on this? Looks like thier plan is going to take some land. Plans are for high and medium density housing.

Click link and scroll down to pix.

http://www.bbtc.org/recreation/gallery.php
From the pictures, it doesn't look that bad. Most of the area they're using for new construction is currently parking, soccer and baseball fields. No loss there for the mtb'ers, but the community will sure miss them.

s dub

Chimp
Nov 9, 2004
kenmore
wow the baseball drop- as you called it looked small in that pic... it was prety big... yeah i thought that stunt into nowhere was pretty lame... it might have been cool had it been finished but it was taking a long time and i hadnt seen much progress lately. they tore down our djs which were just past st eddies in finn hill park. bastards.

Gfreak said:
I was born and raised in Havre and went to school in Bozeman and moved out here as soon as I graduated college. When I moved out here I felt the exact same way as you do now. All I can say is if you can make it through your first winter and one whole summer I guarentee that you will want to stay here. That will give you enough time to get to be friends with a core group of people. I know it's tough at first because people out here (generally speaking) are much more clickish than people in Montana.

Washington has way more oppurtunities (personal and Proffesional) than Montana. Not one of all my friends and accaintences that moved out here have moved back to montana.

I miss the sun in Bozeman as well, nothing beats on a crisp winter day.
Yeah there's definently more to do here other than outdoor stuff. In MT, it was the bars at night and riding of all sorts during the day. I miss the sun though. The rain around here isn't bad, it's more of a constant haze than rain. I don't miss freezing my @ss off in the winter but I do miss those siiiick snow days up at Bridger. Oh well, we do what we gotta do and memories last a life time. I have been here for a bit and have made some decent friends. But the over all niceness of the general public lacks a bit comparing the two area's. Anyhow, good to hear theres some Montana peeps in the area, maybe will have to hook up for a ride sometime? If your ever in SuperGo, there's a guy that works there named Chuck Rinker or Ranker, he's from Bozeman and a super cool guy. Take it easy and see ya on the trail.

Josh