Quantcast

~~ St Patty's GMT ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, monkeys! Happy St Patricks Day to all you Irish folk! Anyone hammered yet? I wore a green striped shirt to work today but that was totally by accident. Didn't realize what day it was until I got to work.

Not too much on the agenda today. I've got a four hour meeting this afternoon. BOOOO!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Top O' th marning to ya. OK, enough of that. Pour the damn green beer and let's get after it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys!

My Pee Wee B hockey team has their first game of their end of season state tourney tonight! Can't wait to get it going!

Cheers,

Mark

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

KISS MY BLARNEY STONE!!! :D

It's a beautiful Spring morning here in central NC. Ahhh yea, St. Patty's Day....my wife and I met 11 years ago today. We've got the in-laws looking after Colin tonight so Justine and I can celebrate in style.

Had to go to dinner with the CEO last night. I can't think of anything more excruciating than 2 hrs with this guy, so I ordered the most expensive thing I could and drank 2 well-priced glasses of wine. :thumb:

Got home in time to check out "LOST" and "Southland" later on in the evening.

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009
Beautiful morning here in NC. Too bad its a s**tty day from the start. Oh well, maybe school won't be too awful.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Happy Irish day everybody! I will be celebrating by stopping by the abc store, followed by a grocery store to stock up on needed beverages for tonight. Should be a good day...busy, but good.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Highs in the 60's here today so the only green work acceptable piece of clothing I have is a wool sweater so I'm not wearing anything green.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Stosh - who's the Patron Saint of Poland?

St. Stanislaus maybe?
Saint Casimir

My grandma that married my polish grandpa was Irish. Well Irish and Italian she changed her name from Margret to Peggy to be more Irish in a coal mining town so the Molly McGuiers didn't target her/her family.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a lot of Irish heritage. My dad's lineage can be traced back all the way to Ireland (and a branch from Scotland too) to the 1400's. Yet I HATE St. Pattys day and the morons who celebrate it.

#1) Yet another holiday COMPLETELY bastardized by America.

#2) All the morons running around screaming "everyone is Irish on st. patty's day!". No. No you're not. If you're not Irish the other 364 days of the year, then you're not Irish on March 17th. You're no more Irish on St Patty's day than I am black during February (black history month).

#3) If you wanna celebrate St. Patty's day, do it the traditional way. Go to church, then spend time with your family, and have a big family dinner with them. To be REALLY traditional, DON'T EAT CORNED BEEF.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
G'marnin !

I have an Irish Pub on the corner, and I'm sure by this evening and a half day's of drinking it will be a target rich environment.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I have a lot of Irish heritage. My dad's lineage can be traced back all the way to Ireland (and a branch from Scotland too) to the 1400's. Yet I HATE St. Pattys day and the morons who celebrate it.

#2) All the morons running around screaming "everyone is Irish on st. patty's day!". No. No you're not. If you're not Irish the other 364 days of the year, then you're not Irish on March 17th. You're no more Irish on St Patty's day than I am black during February (black history month).

#3) If you wanna celebrate St. Patty's day, do it the traditional way. Go to church, then spend time with your family, and have a big family dinner with them. To be REALLY traditional, DON'T EAT CORNED BEEF.
Jeeze-Louise....you're pretty angry this morning....someone pee in your CORNED BEEF?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
It would seem that some little leprechaun peed green in our toilet last night! Pics too!

And the sneaky booger left a box of Lucky Charms on the kitchen table and stitched a hole in our 6 year old's green dress in time for her to wear it to school today.

Last year, the bumbling little do gooder even left a trail of Lucky Charms from their bedroom to the kitchen table. But his clever little plot was derailed by a famished hound!

Who knew????

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It would seem that some little leprechaun peed green in our toilet last night! Pics too!

And the sneaky booger left a box of Lucky Charms on the kitchen table and stitched a hole in our 6 year old's green dress in time for her to wear it to school today.

Last year, the bumbling little do gooder even left a trail of Lucky Charms from their bedroom to the kitchen table. But his clever little plot was derailed by a famished hound!

Who knew????

Why is everything pink in your bathroom? :confused:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning monkeys. Took the van in for timing belt... of course they *strongly* recommend doing the water pump, access belts, and cam seals while they're in there... which bumps the cost up another 67%. Since I plan on keeping this things for another 200K miles I sucked it up. :D

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

I'm calling BS on pretty much this entire post. I was in NYC when hoof-n-mouth disease canceled the St. Patty's Day parade through Dublin, and got to experience the influx of drunk Irish partiers who came to NY instead. It seemed like they fit right in with the drunk "Irish" Americans in stumbling from Irish bar to Irish bar...

But I do agree that you have to actually BE Irish to celebrate St. Patty's day. And thankfully I qualify, since I'm officially Irish, a whole ONE EIGHTH!! One of my ancestors came over from Ireland in the 1820s, and thankfully the Irish gene is the dominant kind. Woohoo, time to start drinking!! :cheers:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm calling BS on pretty much this entire post. I was in NYC when hoof-n-mouth disease canceled the St. Patty's Day parade through Dublin, and got to experience the influx of drunk Irish partiers who came to NY instead. It seemed like they fit right in with the drunk "Irish" Americans in stumbling from Irish bar to Irish bar...
Do you really think that a lot of people from Ireland would have flown all the way to NYC just for a party? Or do you think that just maybe the people that wound up in NYC were the ones going to Dublin from other locations in the first place?

But I do agree that you have to actually BE Irish to celebrate St. Patty's day. And thankfully I qualify, since I'm officially Irish, a whole ONE EIGHTH!! One of my ancestors came over from Ireland in the 1820s, and thankfully the Irish gene is the dominant kind. Woohoo, time to start drinking!! :cheers:

I don't care who celebrates St. Pattys day. Just don't parade yourself around as Irish if you're really not. :bonk:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Pretty tired this morning for my ride to work. Since the time changed our local Hammerfest Tuesday night rides are on. They are lovingly called Tuesday Night Worlds because the level of talent that show up is ridiculous. It was the first one and there were probably 40 guys and then me. hahahha, nice odds huh? I dug reeeeeeealy deep on a few points of the ride and today my knee is pretty pissed off but I made it.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
G'marnin !

I have an Irish Pub on the corner, and I'm sure by this evening and a half day's of drinking it will be a target rich environment.
:thumb::thumb::thumb: We don't have a real Irish pub here but I'll still get my paddy on.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Do you really think that a lot of people from Ireland would have flown all the way to NYC just for a party? Or do you think that just maybe the people that wound up in NYC were the ones going to Dublin from other locations in the first place?
So it was just thousands of people with realistic-sounding fake Irish accents that flooded the city?

I don't care who celebrates St. Pattys day. Just don't parade yourself around as Irish if you're really not. :bonk:

...My dad's side is Scotch/Irish. Mom's side is English.
So are you "Irish", as in willing to celebrate St. Patty's day? Because technically you're an American mutt, just like the rest of us. Unless you're talking about your heritage, in which you're Irish, I'm Irish, and probably 90% of the people on the East coast are "Irish".

(although a fun fact of genealogy, I'm also descended from Edward I of England, so I can celebrate my Irish heritage while also p!ssing on the Scots at the same time. :thumb:)

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I have the day off today. I forgot what today was but woke up drunk anyways. Does that qualify? I don't think I want to drink any more than I already have.

ROFL @ JK telling people to go to church. You surf 4chan. There is no way you are that religious.
Rabble rabble green beer. Who cares if it's a crap holiday popularized by alcohol companies. Nobody with Irish ancestors is really Irish. You're an American with a skin pigment deficiency. That's about it.
Lighten up for FSM's sake.