Quantcast

Stage 15 Spoiler

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Landis is back in yellow by 10 seconds. Sounds like everyone was really pushing to limit their loses.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Provisional
1 Frank Schleck (Lux) Team CSC 4.52.22
2 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Fondital 0.11
3 Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Liquigas 1.10
4 Floyd Landis (USA) Phonak
5 Andreas Klöden (Ger) T-Mobile
6 Ruben Lobato (Spa) Saunier Duval 1.14
7 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Cofidis 1.18
8 Eddy Mazzoleni (Ita) T-Mobile 1.28
9 Carlos Sastre (Spa) Team CSC 1.35
10 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner 1.49

General classification after stage 15

1 Floyd Landis (USA) Phonak 69.00.05
2 Oscar Pereiro (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne-Illes Balears 0.10
3 Cyril Dessel (Fra) AG2R-Prevoyance 2.02
4 Denis Menchov (Rus) Rabobank 2.12
5 Carlos Sastre (Spa) Team CSC 2.17
6 Andreas Klöden (Ger) T-Mobile 2.29
7 Cadel Evans (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto 2.56
8 Michael Rogers (Aus) T-Mobile 5.01
9 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner 6.18
10 Haimar Zubeldia (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi 6.20
11 Christophe Moreau (Fra) AG2R-Prevoyance 6.22

Levi makes it back into the top 10. Michael Rogers is a bit of a surprise to me. Dessel is also holding on a lot better than I figured he would.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did anyone actually watch or is everyone going from the online updates? I wonder if Cadel is spanked or if he is just making sure he can survive the next 2 days and stay in striking distance.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I dunno... its looking like Landis has it. No one can outclimb him... and no one who can keep up in the climbs can out time trial him. He can assure himself the win tomorrow if he attacks. I think the only one with the ability to take him on is Klöden... if he attacks Landis tomorrow he may have a chance... The rest of the stages arent looking like days that a break with a GC contender can escape, Landis will have his team so tomorrow will decide the tour IMHO.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
golgiaparatus said:
I dunno... its looking like Landis has it. No one can outclimb him... and no one who can keep up in the climbs can out time trial him. He can assure himself the win tomorrow if he attacks. I think the only one with the ability to take him on is Klöden... if he attacks Landis tomorrow he may have a chance... The rest of the stages arent looking like days that a break with a GC contender can escape, Landis will have his team so tomorrow will decide the tour IMHO.
This is the first of 3 long hard mountain stages. Landis can only have it in the bag if he kept enough reserve and can recover for tomorrow and the day after. A bad nights sleep is all it takes to have his tour end.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Echo said:
Did anyone actually watch or is everyone going from the online updates? I wonder if Cadel is spanked or if he is just making sure he can survive the next 2 days and stay in striking distance.
I watched it on OLN.

Cadel really didn't blow his wad today. He wasn't looking like he was hurting all that much, but that's tough to show on TV. I'd say he's still got plenty of legs left in him, for sure.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
He said before the stage that L'Alpe d'Huez doesn't really suit him and he thought Floyd would do better. Hopefully he has a plan for tomorrow :p

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Echo said:
I watched it.
It was well....different.
It seemed that Landis and Kloden were basically just spinning up the climb, and still dropping the other favorites. There was not really any hard or aggressive attacks by either one of them.
Menchov suffered like a dog. It will interesting to see how he rides tomorrow, because he was giving it everything and still going backwards. Evans looked good for a long time, but went back fast when he blew. Levi and Sastre were both good, they were just dangling off the back not quite as strong as Landis and Kloden.
Landis was just simply cruising today.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Echo said:
He was spanked but he might have conserved some. Menchov came back but he was spanked as well. I'd be surprised if he can recover tomorrow.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Westy said:
This is the first of 3 long hard mountain stages. Landis can only have it in the bag if he kept enough reserve and can recover for tomorrow and the day after. A bad nights sleep is all it takes to have his tour end.

Yeppers, doesn't take much, messing up your hydration, flatting...etc.....although i till say while he doesn't have it in the bag, it's starting to look like his to lose.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Westy said:
Sorry I meant to include thursday in the "one of the days Kl&#246;den needs to attack if he wants it" or "one of the days Landis needs to attack in order to put it in the bag"... after that its all the TT. True all Landis needs is 1 bad day... the thing is he has seemed the most relaxed on all the climbing stages so far. I think the man is looking primed for the win.