Quantcast

Stance Static Mods

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
I am currently running a 05 stance static. Have rebuilt it and it seems to be holding up well. What I want to know is if it can be converted to semi bath? I have seen some comments but no real experience. When I rebuilt the fork there did not seem to be a way to seal the lowers so the oil would not leak out.

Looking for someone who has actually done this

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
roughandtangle said:
I would just save your effort (and money) and buy another fork

You are no help to me at all. :help:
This is what I have and it actually works quite well. I ride park and DJ with it. It is pretty light and plenty stiff with a x-heavy spring and functional air assist (which blew in the first week but has held nicely since rebuild). I just don't like the idea of grease as a lube over open bath. if I can improve it with effort over spending a chunk of cash then awsome. If not I will ride it till it dies.
Then buy a used 66 from some RM parts whore and put a travel reduction kit in it from nemisis.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
why convert a street fork into something more complicated when it doesnt need to be. get that baby stiff as she can go and ride. much nicer and the bike will respond muc better

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
dexter said:
why convert a street fork into something more complicated when it doesnt need to be. get that baby stiff as she can go and ride. much nicer and the bike will respond muc better

Not sure how it would be more complex? Not looking to change damping or anything. Already as stiff as it can be. Happy with that just want the grease gone and oil for lube.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
From Manitou for all who care...

you will need 16cc's of 5/40 or 10/40 motor oil for the bottom of the casting. You will also need to order 85-5293 dust seals , 064962 and 063432 o-rings for the top and bottom of the casting.